• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A REAL DIDDY KONG COMBO GUIDE (Rough Draft) ...UPDATED

R00kie_

Smash Rookie
NNID
RO0kie
IMPORTANT: Found the most efficient way to test out combos in this game in training mode. Due to rage being a mechanic that increases knockback, high percent combo testing isn't accurate enough when both characters are in rage mode. To fix this I ( or you ) can simply set the CPU to your desired rage percent and drop a heart item on stage to drop back to 0% then begin testing your moves against high percent opponents. When you kill off the training mode CPU the CPU will start off from the set damage percent you selected. Very very good way to test what your character can truly do. With that being said, MUCH MORE TESTING TO COME!

DISCLAIMER:
I'm going to make edits to this if the post isn't spaced out correctly (im posting all this from a cell phone)

*** I plan on working on the entire cast and push Diddy to his limit.

Here's a list of combos he has against Mario from the starting percent the combo can work to the ending percent that it still can work.

DI'ing correctly to avoid combos is a very important aspect to Smash. Now in the event your opponent DI's wrong or not at all. These are all true combos than can result in high damage output.

SUPER MARIO:

(STANDING OPPONENT)

::: DOWN TILT :::

COMBOS INTO:

UP SMASH 45% - 56%

RUNNING UP SMASH 73% - 148%

DOWN SMASH 51% - 93%

OFF STAGE DOWN SMASH 51% - 95%

DOWN TILT 39% - 81%

FORWARD TILT 86% - 113%

UP AIR 86% - 155%

FORWARD AIR 91% - 195%

DASH ATTACK 75% - 115%

1st HIT JAB 33% - 88%

::: UP TILT :::

COMBOS INTO:

UP AIR 37% - 78%

::: DASH ATTACK :::

COMBOS INTO:

FORWARD AIR 0% - 86%

UP AIR 0% - 106%

::: SHORT HOP FALLING NEUTRAL AIR :::

COMBOS INTO:

UP SMASH 0% - 27% (4 HITS)

UP SMASH 28% - 39% (3 HITS)

DOWN SMASH 0%

FORWARD SMASH 0%

UP TILT 0% - 31%

ANGLED UP FORWARD TILT 0% - 9%

NEUTRAL AIR 0% - 150%

UP AIR 0% - 160%

FORWARD AIR 0% - 147%

BACK AIR 0% - 145%

::: SHORT HOP FALLING BACK AIR :::

COMBOS INTO:

UP SMASH 0% - 64%

FORWARD TILT 6% - 31%

SHORT HOP UP AIR 33% - 70%

SHORT HOP FORWARD AIR 37% - 62%

DASH ATTACK 38% - 52%

1st HIT JAB 0% - 30%

::: FULL HOP RISING UP AIR :::

COMBOS INTO:

NEUTRAL AIR 38% - 81%

FALLING UP AIR 3% - 49%

RISING UP AIR into RISING UP AIR (3 HITS) 20% - 32%

RISING UP AIR into RISING UP AIR (2 HITS) 33% - 88%

FALLING FORWARD AIR 13% - 26%

RISING FORWARD AIR 34% - 77%

FOOT STOOL 4% - 50%

::: SHORT HOP FALLING UP AIR :::

COMBOS INTO:

NEUTRAL AIR 0% - 63%

UP AIR 0% - 72%

FORWARD AIR 0% - 58%

BACK AIR 0% - 64%

::: BACKWARDS SHORT HOP FALLING UP AIR :::

COMBOS INTO:

UP TILT 0% - 4%

NEUTRAL AIR 0% - 63%

UP AIR 0% - 72%

FORWARD AIR 0% - 58%

BACK AIR 0% - 64%

::: SHORT HOP RISING DOWN AIR :::

***CONNECTING THE HITBOX DIRECTLY ABOVE THE OPPONENT.

(CHANCE OF TRIPPING FROM 0% - 17%)

COMBOS INTO:

UP SMASH 18% - 50%

DOWN SMASH 20% - 32%

UP TILT 20% - 54%

DOWN TILT 18% - 31%

ANGLED UP FORWARD TILT 28% - 46%

NEUTRAL AIR 35% - 107%

UP AIR 22% - 111%

DOWN AIR 53% - 88%

FORWARD AIR

BACK AIR

JAB 13% - 35%

FOX McCLOUD:

::: DOWN TILT :::

***WALK IN DOWN TILT CAN CREATE EASIER LINKED COMBOS AND CAN HELP SLIGHTLY HIGHER PERCENTS COMBO INTO EACH OTHER. THIS IS BECAUSE DOWN TILT CARRIES A SLIGHT FORWARD MOMENTUM FROM DOWN TILTING OUT OF FAST WALK.

COMBOS INTO:

UP SMASH 40% - 65%

RUNNING UP SMASH 40% - 139%

DOWN SMASH 46% - 94%

OFF STAGE DOWN SMASH 46% - 95%

UP TILT

DOWN TILT x2 35% - 41%

DOWN TILT 42% - 82%

FORWARD TILT

UP AIR 77% - KO % 's

FORWARD AIR 104% - KO % 's

DASH ATTACK 71% - 115%

1st HIT JAB 30% - 79%

MUCH MUCH MORE TESTING WILL BE DONE.

THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG.

Last edited:

Duncan King

Smash Rookie
which of these combos it's the most viable in competitive play? Aside from all of the down throw combos obviously. Also, do you have any general DK tips based on how to play him with these combos? Such as approaches etc. I'm gonna guess that all of the short hop aerials are the best?

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Great work rookie, I'm waiting for the rest!

Zinfu

Smash Rookie
which of these combos it's the most viable in competitive play? Aside from all of the down throw combos obviously. Also, do you have any general DK tips based on how to play him with these combos? Such as approaches etc. I'm gonna guess that all of the short hop aerials are the best?
All of these are very viable in competitive play; use Diddy's full kit to get the most out of him. Figure out how to hit with down tilt and then follow up a lot of new players forget to use down tilt with Diddy. I would stay away from the D-air combos just because of the bad position it puts you in, however if you see an opportunity to use a d-air and hit, use it and follow up. Don't forget that at low percents you can get down throw double back air as well. Diddy's tilts are strong currently, they're fast and have decent setups. Diddy is strong right now because he has such a complete kit use your options.

Great list Rookie! look forward to seeing the rest ^_^

Top Bottom