• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A quick b-air related question.

MDMA

Smash Rookie
Hey,

this is the problem I have sometimes:

When I bair I dont use the c-stick, i just use the normal stick and A. But I usually also DI backwards because of this, which sometimes is what I want but other times I'm in more of a defensive role and I want to bair while jumping straight up or even away from the opponent. I must be doing something wrong. So you guys use C-Stick to bair? or.. and if u don't do you maybe know what im doing wrong?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Yes, I use the c-stick to bair. Much easier and more conveniant

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
C-stick is better for just generally doing it.
Timing is better with Direction + A.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I use the c stick for aerials in general too. Since I like to do retreating forward air to arrow cancel when opponent is at high percents for mindgames. And I need to be able to DI while doing the fair.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hmm, I seem like one of the few to use A+Control Stick. I can do bair combos fine as long as I let the control stick return to neutral position in between attacks. I can defnitley do it in one spot, and move forward as well, thought not perfectly. Any advice on the c-stick? My finger doesn't move from jump to c-stick fast enough. What do you guys do?

QUIVO

Smash Master
I alternate for some reason. One bair i'll go control stick + a, and then the other i'll do just c-stick

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
Once I went to the c-stick, I can barely play with control stick + A anymore. The only way I can is by telling myself I'm doing a nair and doing it like that :D. It's a really useful technique to learn.

MDMA

Smash Rookie
C-sticking is usefull you mean? :-) I went practice yesterday, and it takes some finger quickness to bair twice out of shop... it works for me but it will be a kinda big difference for me fingerwise.. It's worth learning you say? And any fingertips? like using the side of your thumb to hit c-stick or the inside when going other way??

Top Bottom