• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Question that's bugging me

Jace08

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I know I'm completely new to these forums but I'm definitely not to Smash Brothers. I played the heck out of SSB 64, and have never really stopped playing Melee since I bought it at launch. In the last year, though, I've started playing what I like to call a little bit more professionally, thanks to people like you who post videos on these threads or youtube. It really teaches you a lot.

In the last four or so months I've been attempting to get good with Young Link. I've learned a lot, especially from Wak's two combo videos and a few guides I've read on this forum. I feel comfortable doing everything he does in those videos, save for one technique which is why I'm posting for the first time. No matter how many times I try, I can't ledge jump, grab a bomb in the air, then fall back down and grab the ledge again. The grabbing animation of the bomb never finishes early enough, no matter how high I try to ledge jump upwards.

Not that I HAVE to know, but this is the one things I just can't seem to pull off and would appreciate an answer from anyone who knows.

Chip.

you know what to do
It's easy if you get fast enough at it.

Just use "the claw" style.

Take your pointer finger and put it on the Y button, now you have an easier access to pulling the bomb at catching the edge.

it's easy to master.

Problem solved.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Thanks Chip. Is this the only technique people use the "claw" style for? I've never used it before, but I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lol wow i remmeber me asking this same question in the bombs sticky thread. i can now do it easily without the claw method. u basically have to ledgehop > bomb grab within like 1 frame or something close to that.

hmm, im bad at homerun contest... my best is like 1.7k with yoshi lol!

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh, it is possible to do without holding the controller claw style. I'll try to be fast enough to do it that way too. Thanks for the replies.

Chip.

you know what to do
Your welcome, Jace, but believe me, it's far easier to master the claw than it is to speed up your fingers extremely hard, but whateves. It's your decision.

good luck

Top Bottom