• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question on using an easycap capture card.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how to set up a capture card too much, but do I need to get the usb extender to connect it to the computer to record something at the same time? (I didn't get the extender when I ordered it) If I do, how much does it cost? (I hope I made sense on what I'm asking)

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
Exactly what do you mean by "record something at the same time"? Do you mean while playing?

You will need 2 AV splitters and 2 AV cables, maybe 3 splitters if you wish to have left and right audio, I have 2 splitters and its just fine for mine.

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it was just a coincidence I was coming to this forum at the time :p
If you want to record at the same time, you'll need RCA splitters. The guide to using a Gamebridge has a pretty well written guide to doing it, and it's located http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107705
If you don't understand what it's supposed to look like, there's some videos on youtube or I could type it out into a picture.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
You will need 2 AV splitters and 2 AV cables, maybe 3 splitters if you wish to have left and right audio, I have 2 splitters and its just fine for mine.
Don't I also need some kind of usb extender?

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
The only reason why you would need any extenders is if your setup is really big and cables can't reach each other. My wii is about 5 feet away from my laptop so I don't use extenders.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
If your TV has a TV-out you don't need splitters. What you do need either way is a set of AV cables to go from the capture card to the splitters/TV-out (I'm not sure if easycap comes with that, so letting you know just in case).

You only need a usb extension cable if your Wii is too far from your computer and you're unable/unwilling to move one of them for capturing. So if you have a laptop you shouldn't need it, or if you have a TV near your Desktop you won't need it either.

Top Bottom