• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U A question before I go compeititive.

SaltySpud

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone!
I have been putting off getting good (Like, really good, if that's possible)
So, anyways, I was going to put a handicap on myself for whenever I go to tournaments.
My question is which one you think I should choose.
1. Playing blindfolded, using careful zoning and taking note of the sounds to guesstimate where the enemy player is. Near impossible, but I think I can do it if I choose someone like Mega Man.
2. Playing random. Basically mastering every character in Sm4sh, and selecting random at the tourneys.
Looking forward to future replies.
Also, please don't ask why I want a handicap, or say something like "don't use a handicap, you suck noob saltyspud"
or something along the lines. I want to leave my mark.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1) Hey, if you want to play blindfolded, I wish you good luck. I've not heard of anyone playing like that. :)
2) More power to you for wanting to invest a mountain of time on all characters. Personally, I shall stick to no more than two mains and two secondaries. Don't want to spread myself too thin, you know.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I read your post but didn't see a question. What about the handicaps are you asking exactly?

Last edited:

SaltySpud

Smash Rookie
Why do you wanna play with a disadvantage?
To leave my mark. If you go to a tournament and battle a crazy noob casual who sucks at the game but is very interesting, and then battle a stale combo bayo, who's going to be more fun and interesting?

In short, I like being unique and separating myself from the pack.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Apologies, I wordedthat badly. I was asking shich one I shouls choose as a handicap, playing blindfolded or choosing random.
Blindfolded would be more entertaining to the people watching when you constantly run off the stage. :D

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Hello, everyone!
So, anyways, I was going to put a handicap on myself for whenever I go to tournaments.
1. Playing blindfolded, using careful zoning and taking note of the sounds to guesstimate where the enemy player is. Near impossible, but I think I can do it if I choose someone like Mega Man.
2. Playing random. Basically mastering every character in Sm4sh, and selecting random at the tourneys.
Also, please don't ask why I want a handicap, or say something like "don't use a handicap, you suck noob saltyspud"
Playing blindfolded is just pretty stupid for anyone to attempt. Smash just isn't a game you can do that with. Period. The only mark you would leave would be confusing everyone as they wondered why you threw the Tournament just to do a silly stunt like that.

Playing random is a thousand times more manageable in the long run, but would still be immensely hard.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
If you wanna make a mark just become a Jiggs main. I see you like Jigglypuff and it would be a lot more easy and probably a lot more fun for you. I can't help but imagine camping as Megaman blindfolded and getting beaten over and over and over wouldn't really be fun.

SaltySpud

Smash Rookie
If you wanna make a mark just become a Jiggs main. I see you like Jigglypuff and it would be a lot more easy and probably a lot more fun for you. I can't help but imagine camping as Megaman blindfolded and getting beaten over and over and over wouldn't really be fun.
Lots of people have played Jigglypuff.
So I guess I'll just play random as it would probably be more realistic.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Play Random and beat everyone utilizing but one attack. You'll be known as the One-Button Man, if you really want to get creative, you can do Michael Jackson dance performances upon winning each set. That would make even Captain Zack jealous.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Play Random and beat everyone utilizing but one attack. You'll be known as the One-Button Man.
This reminds me of something Locus used to do. He used to go to tournaments and played Falcon with only one hand one the controller. He became known as OneHand.

SaltySpud

Smash Rookie
Play Random and beat everyone utilizing but one attack. You'll be known as the One-Button Man, if you really want to get creative, you can do Michael Jackson dance performances upon winning each set. That would make even Captain Zack jealous.
Which move?
Also, it would be near impossible because
1. Stale move negation will be the death of me
2. People will see my pattern and just jump over me or whatever
3 no recovering
4 I hate Michael Jackson
5. I don't like being a poor sport but maybe

HealthyHoagie

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone!
So I think that instead of those two, you should play with the controller upside- down. That would be a way for people to remember you in tourneys.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
If you could somehow win even a single game while playing blindfolded, that'd be pretty cool. That seems fairly unlikely though, so I say just go with random. Good luck!

Top Bottom