• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question about Toon Link's Down Aerial

PenguinLord

Smash Rookie
If I happen to use it over the edge, and I miss, do I have any chance of making it back? Since whenever I miss it's pretty much a -1 stock.

Umby

Smash Master
Not unless you're extremely high. Like, unless you're in a magnifying glass above the stage, the move cancels out too late, and even then, you'd still need your second jump and you'll barely make it.

zaf

Smash Lord
Edit: never mind what i said. teaches me to try and read/type at 4 am >.<

i have something in the making for such a situation, which is what i was thinking of when i did my last post. My fatigue confused me and i mixed up 2 different ideas. I will try my new idea when i get back home. ill post then.

Squadallah

Smash Rookie
What you could try to do is, bomb recovery.

Let's say that you are edge guarding someone, and when you hit the person away take out a bomb. When the person comes back you try to Dair. If you took out the bomb at a good enough time and you missed it will explode on you giving you a chance to come back.

Works for me and i can usually make it back.
How can you pull off a Dair if there's a bomb in your hand?

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
you have to drop the bomb with Z, then Dair, then you auto catch it as you are falling. i have yet to implement this well into my game, if i ever do. its also worth noting that if you land in water, the water catches you, but not the other person if they are over like 40%, so on water stages, its like free tries at an easy stock. thats why i love pirate ship and delfino plaza, also works on jungle japes if youre far to the right so you dont get dragged offscreen i think

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, his dair is a REALLY situational move. It should only be used for a bit of mixup to surprise the opponent. Otherwise, just don't use it, it'll only bring you grief. xP

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
haha, yeah, i dont use it much, just out of Bairs off the side mostly, but just tried the ledge spiking thing, and it works on other chars, and also on flat edges like on FD, you just have to wait for their invincibility frames to run out obv.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Yeah, unless there's a definite solid ground below you, don't use the d-air. Spiking may be nice, put it's one air dodge away from a self-destruct. ;)

Amide

Smash Lord
Yeah, but you should practice spiking though anyway. Although you die if you fail...

w3bhead

Smash Cadet
I have definitely learned my lessons as far as Toon Link's dair is concerned however I often play a friend of mine who mains Diddy and just so you guys know it is incredibly easy to spike him when he is charging his recovery move so do what you will with that info. I have also found that Snake is another character that is easily spiked during his recovery. Other than that I hardly use Toon Links dair because he has plenty of other effective options for killing his opponents.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Its good to grab a bomb, jump right above the corner of the ledge throw the bomb down and dair if you know they wont roll up.

JordN

Smash Rookie
Here's my amazing, awesome, pro, amazing thing I do.
Before you do DAir, grab a bomb. Get the timing down so if you miss it explodes and you can recover.
Seeing as your refering to using it as a spike you should have enough time to this, the person should be recovering.

Top Bottom