• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question about chain grabbing

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
Seeing as how Ness is very susceptible to this, I decided to post this here.

In practice, I asked my brother to help me test some stuff on chain grabbing, and every now and then, I would break out of Marth's chain grab by doing kinda like a "jumping" breakaway, this is probably really old news, but is this just activated by good fortune or some kind of button command?

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, jump breaking happens when you hit up within a certain time frame of a NON BUFFERED grab break.

As in, if he grab attacks you constantly it will never happen, because marth's pummel keeps you in constant stun.

EIDI is a better bet.

Uffe

Smash Hero
You know, I'm not sure if this was just because I was on wifi or if the Marth messed up, but he decided to use his death grab on me. Of course I read here that you can't escape with the EIDI if you have your C-stick set to special. So I was pretty much struggling to save my *** during the matches whenever he did this. However, I released myself from Marth's grapple and spot dodged when I did so. The funny part is that whenever this happened, I'd spot dodge at 15%. Another funny thing is that whenever this happened, he'd continue to try and grab me but I'd keep spot dodging. The funniest part however was when he was at about 105% and I showed him how it felt to get grabbed and then I killed him.

Anyway, I thought I'd bring this up just because I thought it was strange that I'd spot dodge his grab at 15% each time.

Top Bottom