• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A plea to the Smash Community regarding Roy

I need help from you guys on this as fellow Royboys. I want you to spread this to anyone possible who has an opinion on or plays Roy, whether it's positive or negative. I don't mind if you tag friends or inbox this to them, anywhere helps.

I'm tired of seeing hateful comments or comments that trash Roy being voted to the top of YouTube videos and becoming more influential than they should.

I want to bring some light on Roy's character and expose a lot of the hate. Unfortunately, I don't know how to score top comments or earn respect from most people, so I need help here.

I would like you guys to read what I have to say if you don't mind a big post. If you agree with it, or just want to help Roy in general, please upvote it and help me get it to the top.

This should link you to the specific comment in the comments section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X504v3v3iqQ&lc=z131ujsrcrz5z5h0o22vudgj5w3vuhqbb04

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
Anything that gets popular get's hate on. This is the rule of the internet. The overrated becomes the underrated and the underrated becomes the overrated. Just look at Mojara's mask and Ocarina of Time. It used to be cliche to say Ocarina is my favorite Zelda game and now it's the other way around.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Normally if a person is just like, "Omg I hate X character!!11!" I'm like 'k. But it's when people bandwagon the hate and spread misinformation that grind my gears. Because misinformation is worse than no information. But I think any reasonable person would realize that whether a character is "weak" or "strong" in their source game has no effect on how good they are in Smash. It's just stating a fact really.

But yeah, you know I'm always hear to help. The YouTube comment section is one of the ****tiest places on the internet though.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Who is the smash community anyway? Is it these boards, the competitive players, or the people on for glory that call me a dirty mexican when i body them?

Some people just aren't worth listening to or talking to. I think the solution isn't to spread the love, just ignore the hate (or at least the stupidity). All that really matters is that YOU like the character, none of the dumb hate should diminish that, esp. in such a dreary place as the comments section of one of Zeros videos. I swear, Ace Star has the best comments section on YouTube and Zero has the worst.

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
This should be universal as little mac and mewtwo users get thrashed and get picked on on the daily

But haters make me stronger nonetheless

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I saw a couple of the usual "lol roy sux in fe6" type comments but they don't really bother me much anymore since that's the only thing the Roy hatebase can use now, all of their other "arguments" no longer work with Roy being in Smash 4. I'm hoping for a Binding Blade remake so Roy can get fixed (Earlier promotion and SoS having infinite uses maybe?) to finally put an end to this worst lord nonsense.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I don't understand. Is this regarding the hate on Roy in his own game?

..Who gives a crap about that? .-.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Who gives a **** what anyone says about Roy or any other characters in general? That's their damn problem, not ours?

Besides, haters only inspire me to play Roy even more. Same goes for others like Little Mac and Rosalina.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Bruh, I know that the Roy hate bandwagon is annoying as well as a bit pathetic, but one thing you have to understand is that not everyone is going to like Roy. Personally, as long as someone is polite about explaining why they think Roy is bad, I won't mind. I only get a bit annoyed when people insist that I should hate Roy. I find that hating characters is stupid anyway. Why should I put so much passion into hating something that doesn't even exist?

In short, you should just do what you like and not care about what other people think. You can't force people to like Roy. You can't force people to like anything. All you can do is politely convince someone, and hope that they would consider your suggestion. Besides, most people won't hate you or judge you for liking Roy. It's not like you're killing cats or eating babies or something. If someone questions you because you like Roy, then that's their problem, not yours. I'd laugh if someone questioned why I like Roy, lol. It's like, I can like whatever I want; why does it matter to you? :p

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I used to be tad overly annoyed by all the bandwagoned Roy-hate, but over time I had to stop being so sensitive about it. Possibly because I wasn't very supportive upon myself based on other people's opinions and take them as a fact for some reason.

You can gain insight and knowledge, but they mean nothing if it's no opinion based on your own views. Otherwise we can't share 'em together and create or discover something new (as much as these things could clash as well). In today's times though, information's better distributed and things related to misinformation are being fixed better than before, though always by hard effort.

In anycase, don't get brooding so much about these issues. This is internet, after all - they love their memetic losers based on misinformed or forced interpretations of them being failures. intentionally followed or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom