• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A nice trick to picking up shield dropped grenade faster.

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I was doing some lab time with Snake and discovered a faster way to pick up shield dropped grenades.

Instead of the old Brawl trick of shield dropping the grenade and then picking it up. I found out it is faster to short hop out of shield and wave dash to the ground allowing you to pick up your dropped grenade and recover faster.

This gives you better advantages for throwing your grenade.

I didn't see anyone else post this yet so I felt like putting this out there. :)

I don't have any recording equipment so I can't upload a video for it. Perhaps someone else will do it.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It's just called Wave Dash Out of Shield.
Glad you caught on, but that's pretty standard, and probably the only way anybody picks them up.
Learn to WDOOS for other reasons too. Pressure, approaching with shield, baits, everything.

JTsm

Smash Master
It's just called Wave Dash Out of Shield.
Glad you caught on, but that's pretty standard, and probably the only way anybody picks them up.
Learn to WDOOS for other reasons too. Pressure, approaching with shield, baits, everything.
Pretty much this. I still need to make habit of WDooS everything.

Top Bottom