• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Zelda/Sheik idea

Iris

Smash Ace
I know that most people are taking sides, saying Sheik should be in, separate, out, etc. Well, so far it's been pretty difficult to find a happy medium, but I think I've come up with one.

What if Sheik was the result of Zelda's FS, but you could still turn into Zelda with down B and can't turn into Sheik with Zelda's down B? I think that would please a lot of people.

You could still start a battle as Sheik, and she would gets her own FS with no transforming result. However, since she has even less canon moves to use for a down special, she'd retain Transform. Zelda however, would have her own set of specials, chucking transform for something else, and a nice FS and after-effect changing into Sheik. You can change right back though, with Sheik's transform. Also, for those Sheik users who like to use Zelda's recovery, you still can, but you have to learn Zelda too, because you can't keep changing back. That'll make the pair more strategic, meaning if you get knocked too far with Sheik and can only recover with Zelda, then you have to be prepared to use her for a while. Also, you can still switch back and forth strategically, using final smashes and down Bs, so people who enjoy using both still can. Hopefully this time they'd be both full, strong characters and not rely on eachother for abilities, but become more of a super-character when you use them both together and effectively. Separate but equal, together and amazing. Both would be choices, and those who pick favorites won't be fighting with half a character.

I'd honestly prefer a separate Sheik, or a completely removed one, because I think it ruins Zelda to still be carrying a one-time-only persona as a marketing point, but I'd be willing to enjoy this combination.

Edit: Gasp, this thread involves Sheik. Still, it's directed towards Zelda, and with the lack of information, it's far better to contribute to the Zelda board with speculation than have good ideas pushed to the back page with a busy and vague all-character forum, or have it closed because mention of Sheik is considered sacrilege.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I love that idea so much =[
I wish Sakurai would implement it, but I doubt he will.

If we are stuck with Sheik, this is the exact way I'd want it. This way, people are forced to use Zelda, the character that should be the shining point of the combination, for at least a little while.

I also agree that Sheik doesn't have many canon abilities that could suffice as DownB moves. Her Final Smash however would be easy to come up with. She could use the harp , and summon 6 elements ( 1 representing each sage) or something , although spirit would be hard to represent, could mess around with the players controls or something like they're being possessed?

I love this. I think you really have found the happy medium. Although this may not please the Sheik fans completely, oh well, the character is supposed to be Zelda.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, Zelda's the main part of the pair, obviously, so you shouldn't be able to ignore her too easily.

I don't think it's too far of a stretch to implement. After all, the ZSS/Zelda event suggests FS transformation, meaning Zelda has a full moveset, and I don't think they would take away one of Sheik's canon moves for a BSed one, whereas they could take away a canon Zelda move for another canon one. Anything's possible.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
In your main post, you stated that you could still start the battle off as Sheik. I mean, if you could do that, how is Zelda not going to be overshadowed then?

I mean, that's what I got from it, if it's otherwise, please explain.

Iris

Smash Ace
It's unfair to let people play as Zelda alone and not Sheik alone, just like it'd be unfair not to let people play ZSS only once you get a smash ball.

It's not about which character has to be played as, but which character you can play as, and to what potential. Overshadowing only occurred because Sheik was so broken and Zelda was poor. If they're both good characters with equal potential then Sheik isn't going to take all the fame away. If she does, and they're equal, then it's just because she's a ninja, and the mindless Narutards will worship her for that, which would be the case no matter how she's implemented.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Very nice idea if Sheik has to be a part of Zelda I definitely would like it to be this way. If Sheik is the FS but we could change into Zelda right after without attaining another smash ball is great, I love it. Now it would get people who are Sheik exclusive to actually use Zelda at some point. This idea is the only way I would be alright with Sheik being Zelda's FS.

Although as you said I would rather have Sheik removed or seperate, but I will be ok with adapting to this combination.

Iris

Smash Ace
In one of the trailers, it showed Zelda using up B and sparkles appearing far around her after she reappears. It wasn't like that in Melee, and it's very possible those sparkles cause damage and knockback. That could greatly improve Zelda's recovery for when she lands on her feet or sweetspots the ledge. Granted, it also depends on the lag. Regardless, wouldn't a Sheik player switch anyways if they could reach the ledge with Zelda and not Sheik? It'd be better than dying.

Anyways, my idea isn't about forcing both personas into use, but making it optional, having a single character slot, and a complete Zelda who can use her FS and not be stuck with Sheik.

TheLake

Smash Master
Love it...Iris your a genious and hero to zelda players everywhere

I really wish this was implemented in the game...but alas...):

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But... but... I want Tetra to be Zelda's FS and I want Sheik to be her down-b.

Ah, but it's definately a cool idea, I do hope that they include some reference to Wind Waker Zelda, being that OoT, WW, and TP were the games where they really developed the Zelda within the game.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Complicated, and I do like it, but I don't see it being implemented as it's not idiot-friendly.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I don't know. I'm a bit skeptic. I mean, I'd rather have Zelda's Final Smash be something more worthy than Sheik. It's not a bad idea at all, don't get me wrong but I don't know. I guess if it's implemented I can't complain. I'll still love Zelda nonetheless. :/

Iris

Smash Ace
Well, Zelda's FS wouldn't be "look, now I'm a ninja." It'd be some crazy magic attack that causes her to forcefully change into Sheik, like Samus.

This would make the Zelda and Sheik combination harder to learn for casual players, but still enjoyable unless you're a loser who only wants to use Zelda's up B and then change right back.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well, Zelda's FS wouldn't be "look, now I'm a ninja." It'd be some crazy magic attack that causes her to forcefully change into Sheik, like Samus.

This would make the Zelda and Sheik combination harder to learn for casual players, but still enjoyable unless you're a loser who only wants to use Zelda's up B and then change right back.
SHFFL'ed reverse Lightning kick FTW!

My particular playing staying involves basically switching between Zelda and Sheik whenever I get an opportunity (except for against hard-counters, but the other will probably still see situational play).

Mindgaming my opponent becomes a heck of a lot easier when they don't know which moveset they'll be facing, and they both have techniques that can really mess with an opponent.

This would adversly effect my playstyle of course, but an interesting character would still be more important and I'm sure since I know both I'd have a lower learning curve.

Drake3

Smash Ace
And you and I both know that those are voluminous.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I don't mean to sound so pathetic but I don't think many people saw the idea.

I was just thinking of an idea... Wouldn't it be nice to have like a Zelda Clan? I don't know what it really takes to start/make/be in a clan, so don't attack me if it's illogical. But I mean, I've seen many many of the same people posting in the Zelda threads and I think a clan would kind of be a great way to bring that all together.

If it's a bad idea, just tell me so..
Sorry if it seems like I'm pushing it but I really would like to see if this idea would really go through.

On-Topic: The idea is very unique Iris. What gave you the idea for it?

yuthe

Smash Rookie
Here's another spin on the transform idea, although it'd force people to learn both players.:

Remove the Bv transform and instead replace Shiek's recovery move with Farore's Wind. Both Zelda and Shiek would use Farore's Wind, but Shiek would turn into Zelda if she used it.

Likewise, change Shiek's Explosion to Bv and have Zelda transform into Shiek whenever she used it.

There's probably less than 0.01% that this would get implemented, but i think it'd be neat.

Iris

Smash Ace
I was thinking of a way the transformation could be in but let Zelda be a full character. I was trying to please those who want to stay Zelda the whole match and use her to her full potential while keeping Sheik in there. The idea is designed more to cater to Zelda, but oh well. She's the main part of the combo anyways.

I'm rather shocked no one came up with this first.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
It's a wonderful idea, but it's probably too complicated for any of the developers to think of. Unless they were also sitting around wondering how they could make it so that the duo were more of a team.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
for some reason, I'm confident that Sheik will be returning as Zelda's Down B.

Why, i dont know...

Top Bottom