• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Player Approaches!

Alaya

Smash Cadet
Hello there, my name is Alaya and while I've been a Smash player since the N64, Sm4sh is the first game in the series that I've moved away from casual button mashing with the idea of actually trying to know what I'm doing.

My username is from the Nasuverse where 'Alaya' refers the the collective unconscious will of humanity to survive, which manifests itself as an invisible energy spiral that manipulates events and people to protect existence of humans as a whole in times of crisis (even if that means killing off billions of innocents).

I've chosen to main Lucina (with the Cordalia skin), and have played something like 600 For Glory matches with her so far. I've gotten pretty decent at handling most projectile spamming campers (though it's still annoying to have to chase down teleporting campers like Palutania and Zelda), but I still get headaches from fighting super fast characters that seem to not have punishable windows when they mess up like Little Mac, Shiek, Sonic, etc.

I joined the smash boards to learn about how the game is actually played on a competitive level, even if I have no time or interest in tournaments (or the overconfidence to even compete in one).

Outside of Smash, I'm an independent game developer working solo on projects for the android play store, with one published game currently (Tower of London). I enjoy the occasional anime (most recently Stein's Gate and Sailor Moon Crystal), and keep up to date with some manga as they are published (Kenichi just ended, Naruto is about to end, Bleach is almost over too... sad times). I play League of Legends at a mid Gold level under this same name. I also play Go, Tennis, and am a martial artist. I got my BS in CS from RPI, and attend the annual Genericon hosted there ritualistically.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Welcome to the site! I do agree with the spammy character comment, it gets easier but it always seems to be an uphill battle. A Ness player today was relentless. lol I'll be sure to check out your published game, seems legit. Good choice in Anime as well.

Enjoy our stay~

Alaya

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the site! I do agree with the spammy character comment, it gets easier but it always seems to be an uphill battle. A Ness player today was relentless. lol I'll be sure to check out your published game, seems legit. Good choice in Anime as well.

Enjoy our stay~
Thanks! Always appreciate interest in my work, I spent a year on and off working on Tower of London so it makes me happy when even one more person gives it a look.

I'm tempted to look into (F)Robin just because she also reps awakening and will allow me to spam right back at those annoying types.

Top Bottom