• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Perspective on Ness

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
We've all seen the hot debates on whether or not Ness will be in. Several Prophets/leaks have mentioned he's in. We know that certain veterans will return with new movesets and that one or more veterans will not return. We also know that Lucas now has Ness's moveset. Hmmm, which other would-be veteran has telekinetic power and hasn't been confirmed yet? Oh, Mewtwo. Perhaps Ness will return but with a Nessified Mewtwo based Moveset. So what would happen to Mewtwo? He would probably not be playable, perhaps a pokeball. That would indeed mean that Lucario would be free to take the open spot. I've drawn this possibility from TheAlmightyGoat's profile and predictions along with Sakurai's posts on the Dojo.

I'd love to get some feedback

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo over Ness, definately. I was disapointed with the Lucas update, and i will miss ness. but there is no point in wasting a spot over a similar character of a not very popular series. Ness should be a sticker or an alternate costume for Lucas. MEWTWO FOR BRAWL!

Smash Ace
We know that certain veterans will return with new movesets
Do we? May I have a reference? I'm aware that their moves may be changed somewhat, and many people assume that Ganon will return with a new move set, but do we really know that?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Do we? May I have a reference? I'm aware that their moves may be changed somewhat, and many people assume that Ganon will return with a new move set, but do we really know that?
We assume that b/c Sakurai has had more than enough time to make him one. Years actually.

Macc

Smash Rookie
I'm going to have to state what should be obvious to everyone. Eventhough, I have a biased opinion for Ness returning and I believe that he will. Check the link below my profile for laughs related to my idea. Anyways, there should be no debate whether or not Ness will return. None of us are Masahiro Sakurai and the only evidence used against can be used for him as well. The whole "has been in the Smash series up until now" is simply stating he has been in every game at this point. It hasn't confirmed or deconfirmed him. Now if it said Ness has been in every Smash game except this one then, yes it would mean he is not in.

Judging from the reactions to things like Pokemon Trainer or Olimar being added then its pretty clear that the masses haven't a clue what he is planning on doing. He is going to make us a fighting game that will be amazing in all aspects and no matter how he teases us on his website the dojo, you should expect to get a good game. Besides, from a designers standpoint it would be really easy to add Ness, because all they would need to do is update his look and tweek some of his physics and he would be set. It would make no logical sense to remove Ness, but yet again expect the unexpected. I can expect that Brawl is going to surprise me and hopefully it will do the same for you.

Macc out

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm going to have to state what should be obvious to everyone. Eventhough, I have a biased opinion for Ness returning and I believe that he will. Check the link below my profile for laughs related to my idea. Anyways, there should be no debate whether or not Ness will return. None of us are Masahiro Sakurai and the only evidence used against can be used for him as well. The whole "has been in the Smash series up until now" is simply stating he has been in every game at this point. It hasn't confirmed or deconfirmed him. Now if it said Ness has been in every Smash game except this one then, yes it would mean he is not in.
I'll say this yet again. Sakurai will not directly deconfirm a character. He's not going to just post up a huge deconfirmed list on DOJO, say someone in specific is deconfirmed, or anything like that. A lot of factors point to Ness's replacement or removal from the game as a playable character, which is why many doubt his return.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wait Wait... You're telling me, that Ness has a higher priority of returning than Mewtwo?

The **** are you smoking?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
He can return, a slim chance as playable, but he can return in some other shape or form. At, sticker, Onett hazard. I think Claus would be a much better choice though.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Also, Why in the name of heaven and hell would Lucario take Mewtwo's spot?

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
@MetaSonic64-no ****...

@Kronzo-mmmk not really the point of this

@Shuma-No...you just didn't understand it apparently. I'm not going to get into Lucario, just seek a thread on him if you're confused.

@Kenji-Nice observation there. I'm talking about giving Ness something like Mewtwo's moveset not his tail. Again good point, good point.

I'm not saying that ness is better than mewtwo, i feel quite the contrary. I'm not saying they're going to give him a tail (Kenji...). And Nessified? Deal with the wording or get out. I'm simply saying Ness, if he is returning, will have a new moveset and in the event that mewtwo is gone, because pokemon can't have 5 reps and recent rumors seem to point to him being out (go to the rumors thread), Ness seems to be the most like candidate to recieve the mewtwo type of moveset.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman

Judging from the reactions to things like Pokemon Trainer or Olimar being added then its pretty clear that the masses haven't a clue what he is planning on doing. He is going to make us a fighting game that will be amazing in all aspects and no matter how he teases us on his website the dojo, you should expect to get a good game. Besides, from a designers standpoint it would be really easy to add Ness, because all they would need to do is update his look and tweek some of his physics and he would be set. It would make no logical sense to remove Ness, but yet again expect the unexpected. I can expect that Brawl is going to surprise me and hopefully it will do the same for you.

Macc out
Best post in this thread.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Ness' moveset wasn't even based off of his own character abilities before. Why would they screw it up and give him the moves of a Pokemon just because that Pokemon happens to be a psychic?

Top Bottom