• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Mario Enemy?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Meh, I got bored so I decided to make this thread. Alright, if you had to pick a NEW Mario series villian to add to the Brawl rooster who would it be? I have excluded Bowser as an option since he is not new and Wario is already in. Note that this is just out of boredom, I really don't believe any of these characters will make it in but they are possible if just the slightest percentage. So let's get started. Here are the choices:

Bowser Jr: Prince of all Koopas and Bowser's son. Alot of people label him as the eighth koopaling. He has made appearences as the main villain in Super Mario Sunshine and a mini-boss in New Super Mario Bros.. In Sunshine he has the ability to transform into Shadow Mario with a magical veil and can produce paint-based attacks such as creating paint-like enemies, forming electric or firey goop, or drawing M's that can be used as portals. In New SMB he can do shell slides and go into a protective stage by extending his horns on his shell and retreating inside it.

King Wart: The self-proclaimed ruler of Subcon, a dream world, he has the ability to shoot bubbles out of his mouth. He seems to dislike vegetables thus if he swallows one he becomes sick. He is one of the least complex Mario villians there is, having no clear background and a questionable exisistence having been only seen within the realm of Mario's dreams.

Cackletta: She is an evil witch from the Beanbean Kingdom, a neighbor country to the Mushroom Kingdom. She wanted to use the powers of the Bean Star to control the Beanbean Kingdom as the ruler and to achieve this goal she needed the voice of one who was pure of heart. That is when she stole Princess Peach's voice (which turned out to be really Birdo's) and was foiled by the Mario Bros. at a university. The battle left her near death and her toady Fawful absorbed her soul and placed it in Bowser fusing them together to creat Bowletta. She was eventually defeated at Bowser's Castle however.

Tatanga: An evil alien who kidnapped Princess Daisy. It was later found out in Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins that he was merely distracting Mario for Wario who was busy taking over Mario's Castle. He uses his ship the Paguso as a means of transportation and battle. He was the only last boss in a Mario game to be fought as a dog fight in the air.

Elder Princess Shroob: A much more powerful alien, she is one of two princesses that rule over the Shroob race. Her sister managed to take over the Mushroom Kingdom Past while she was sealed within the Cobalt Star. In the end she is released and regains all of her powers including the ability to become severely large and grow several more tentacles. In this state she has several energy attacks (some being very large) and the ability to open timeholes. Upon being defeated, she turns into a mushroom and Bowser eats it and transforms into Shrowser for one final battle.

The Shadow Queen: The most powerful witch in a millenia. She was one of the most powerful beings on Mario's planet 1000 years ago and took over much of the world. It wasn't until four legendary heroes stepped up that they were able to defeat her by destroying her physical body and sealing away her soul (they too were sealed upon letting go of their crystal stars). Grodus, the leader of the X-Nauts, freed her soul and allowed her to possess Peach to be the host for her new body. She is often referred to in-game as a demon.

Kamek: Bowser's guardian. He caused Yoshi alot of trouble in Yoshi's Island. He has the ability to make others grow, can hypnotize people (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga), and can create various things such as fires or thwomps (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time). He is one of the more likely characters to be included as he can represent Yoshi more then Mario.

I only picked the main enemies because these bosses have little chance of getting in so minor bosses like Fawful or The Master have even less chance. Alright, discuss.

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet
i like the bowser jr idea the most. in ssbm theres pichu and young link which are terrible players but are cool ideas and would have potential if they didnt hurt themselves. if they could make bowser jr half decent.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hello!!! Petey Pirahna Anybody?!?!?!?
Hello??? Lamest character in the universe anybody? Seriously Petey Piranha should just die a painful death... Then be revived and die even a more painful death and never return again in any game.

Anyways, you did a good job again Kenny. I myself would like to see Kamek the most of the characters you mentioned. Bowser Jr has a good change to, but Kamek is the only one I really want. The Shadow Queen look of Peach would be an awesome costume though...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone should know by now that of those enemies, Wart is my all-time favorite. Why? Because his is my very favoritest favorite Mario game ever, and the fact that he hasn't been seen since then is an utter crime.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I hardly doubt any of these characters will be recurring aside from Jr. and Kamek. Mainly because when each of those enemies are defeated, the creators make sure that you know they are dead or gone for good. The Shadow Queen evaporated, Cackletta evaporated, the Shroob Princess evaporated, Tatanga was blown up, and Wart was a dream. Meh, I just doubt they will ever return but it is nice to think about them...

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
i'm funna say petey piranha as well.

B^ - Fly
B - Gunk Ball - makes stage slippery
B> - Piranha Bite
Bv - Tornado - not unlike zelda's castle tornadoes in SSB

He should be very heavy but able to slowly fly for long periods.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Petey Piranha is niether a likely or good choice for Brawl. His head-size alone defeats any kind of Smash-like attributes he may have had. Grabbing this character would be pretty akward.

Moreover, he is a filler character for Mario sports games and was a minor boss in Sunshine. He doesn't have enough to get in over other characters like Toad or hell even Waluigi.

But think what you want to think, they let Mr. Game & Watch in after all...

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
First of all, Bowser Jr. is one of the few clone-type characters I'd want in, simply because a lighter, faster, and smaller Bowser would drasticaly change the dynamics of his character.
Second of all, way to spoil Mario Sunshine, I didn't know he was Shadow Mario. =[

Kirye

Smash Ace
First of all, Bowser Jr. is one of the few clone-type characters I'd want in, simply because a lighter, faster, and smaller Bowser would drasticaly change the dynamics of his character.
Second of all, way to spoil Mario Sunshine, I didn't know he was Shadow Mario. =[
The game's been out for years, your fault. XD

From the list, i'd have to say Bowser jr. would be the most likely choice. Besides being able to have his own moveset easy, he's also the most likely candidate for a Yoshi villain. (Though he's also been Baby marios villain, and Mario in Sunshine, but we have Mario's villains.)

Wart.. I dunno, he was only in Mario 2 as an easy last boss, not much besides that.

Cackletta I wouldn't suggest, but Fawful would be a funny addition to Brawl. Not the best choice for it, but still pretty funny.

And Kamek, though it does kinda work, seems fairly generic. @.@ But i'll leave that to the Brawl designers and Sakurai.

The rest i'm too lazy to mention.

EDIT: And who seriously wants Petey Pirhana in? >__> Not even gonna bother.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
actually, petey piranha has a pretty big history.

Super Mario Sunshine, Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Superstar Baseball, MarioHoops3on3, and Mario Pinball Land.

I mean, I don't think he has a big chance either to be honest, but he's done more than just a few games. What were Ice Climbers in? Pit? Tatanga? Wart? Kamek? I'll bet he gets in before Kamek. At least Petey would make for an interesting moveset. BowserJr would be kinda lame, and Wart just has bubbles. Like I said, i doubt he'll get in either, but he's not a bad choice if I had to choose another mario enemy. I'd probably use him. I'll bet he's a boss or at least a trophy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Petey Piranha has a history, but the he's not as "legendary" as Pit and the Ice Climbers were, which is why they have been added and not him.

On topic however,

Bowser Jr. and Kamek seem like the best choices out of the bunch.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Stupid Squenix and their hoarding of Smithy :(

I think Kamek has the best chance. Maybe Cackletta, depending on her move set (never played the game)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
First of all, Smithy is 3rd party and besides that, have you seen him lately? How the hell does he work in Brawl?

And secondly, I don't know who said it but Bowser Jr and Baby Bowser are TWO different characters. Bowser Jr is Bowser's son whereas Baby Bowser was Bowser as a baby. Mario Party holds no relevance over the cannon Mario universe so Koopa Kids and Bowser Babies don't matter.

Pikminshallruleoverall

Smash Apprentice
First of all, Smithy is 3rd party and besides that, have you seen him lately? How the hell does he work in Brawl?

And secondly, I don't know who said it but Bowser Jr and Baby Bowser are TWO different characters. Bowser Jr is Bowser's son whereas Baby Bowser was Bowser as a baby. Mario Party holds no relevance over the cannon Mario universe so Koopa Kids and Bowser Babies don't matter.
I think Bowser Jr. should take in powers of all the Little Bowsers. Super Mario Bros. 3, 7 Koopa Kids' wand attack for a Side B. B down being like Zelda and turning into Shadow Mario(Has less lag though). That's all I can think of for now... But he could represent all little Bowsers.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kamek would be cool, but more of an enemy for yoshi...
It would be cool if wart would make a comeback, if the guy becomes a hit in the smash world he may return in future maio games IMO...
But gotta say Bowser jr, if he uses the brush and trsanforms into liquid mario he would be a sweet character to be added to the roster...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Jr. has got the best chance... mostly everyone else on the list appeared in only a single game, thus making them less likely to be recognized. His unique brush would be a nice addition, and take the weapon factor to another level.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
mmm i think that the best mario enemy is SONIC, always have been sonic since the war of nintento and sega pets exist, sonic is the best match for mario, always we ask our self, who will win? mario or sonic? soon we can see it

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Tatanga wasn't killed when he was blown up. He reappears in Mario Land 2 as the boss of the space world, albeit in what appears to be just an escape pod.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's him. Forget if it was ever confirmed or not.

Never heard of him appearing in Mario Galaxy, though. Is that for real? Interesting.

Shadow Queen and Cackletta and Elder Princess Shroob were depicted as pretty much deeeeeaaaaad, even for Mario characters. Which makes sense since I doubt they were intended to be anything other than one-shots. Of note however is that Fawful is still alive and reappears in Partners in Time as a cameo bean shop owner where he swears revenge on the brothers, indicating that unlike other Mario RPG villains, Fawful might be a recurring character.

Petey Pirahna appears in a crapload of games (not just party games. New Super Mario Bros, Super Princess Peach, Partners in Time... he's friggin' EVERYWHERE) and all indications are that he will continue to appear in a crapload of games. Exactly WHY, I have no idea, but Nintendo sure enjoys putting him into a crapload of games.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I believe that Fawful will be either the main boss or a major character in Mario & Luigi 3. Also, the Elder Princess Shroob swore that the shroobs would return (keep in mind that they were defeated in the past which means they have had more then enough time to recoperate) which could indicate that they could recur again. In fact, there may be a King or Queen Shroob (since the Elder was just a princess). Anyway, I can almost gurantee that there will be a M&L 3 to finish up the plot for that particular saga.

Also, I never heard of Tatanga being in Galaxy unless you would like to post a link confirming this.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I heard it was a rumor, due to princess peach being kidnapped and taken to space, no doubt bowser has a spaceship so thats probably how the rumor was made, tough it isnt confirmed, in wikipedia, in the super mari galaxy I believe it there where they mention the tatanga rumor...

JPW

Smash Ace
I got a better idea for a Mario Rival.

There will only ever be one Mario Rival, and you're looking at him. Sonic could even turn bad due to repression. If you really want someone other then Bowser or Wario for the part, then it's this guy.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Sonic isn't a Mario character.

Googling Tatanga and Mario Galaxy seems to indicate that it's just a rumour created from wishful thinking of various fans.

I think Elder Princess Shroob's remarks that she would return was in reference to the mushroom she left behind. IE, the one that Bowser ate to become Shrowser before he unknowingly accidently killed Elder Shroob's spirit with his own attacks (thus destroying her forever. Whoops). A king or queen Shroob isn't out of the question, though.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
petey pirahna has been playable in mario kart and tennis so more people would recognize him than characters like Kamek

Stryks

Smash Hero
ha... ur kiddin rite? Old school players and new will recognize kamek more easily (he did appear in yoshis island ds rite?), kamek has been around since the snes days, that guy would make a good smash character, while petey pirahna is more recognizable by new players, thos tha have played sunshine to newer games, while old school gamers may not know who he is... ur rezoning in how petey is more popular than kamek sadens me...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Bowser Jr. will definately steal the show & become Mario's newest rival. The proof's in the pudding, he's the most recent & he's, well, Bowser's son.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I guess Kamek could have their strong points... They appear everywhere and came in a lovely vareity of colors in Paper Mario (they were called magikoopas, but same look), but they strike me as being in the generic character pool.

Petey's stature is too different...that big head would be too broken. I wonder why he makes so many uncalled for appearances.

Top Bottom