• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Idea

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
Hello Everyone, you might all not know me, but I am Wob-Wob (ofcourse I am).

I've just come up with the idea to make your own AI.
AI = Artificial Intellegence
You could make your own LVL 10 Computer excacly the way you want it to be.
This Way it will become (more) fair for people who are quite good, but don't have anyone near them to compete against, which often inproves you skills.

I'v got 2 idea's to make it work.

The first one is that you play the character, and that SSBB translates every move you made into an intellegent Computer.

The second one (thank you qdMbp), is where you got some options like: Offensive, Defensive, Dogde Ratio, Aerial VS Ground, Ground vs Aerial, General Reaction Speed (as real players reflect half of like Mewtwo's Disable), And Basic Persenality. The Last one let's you be able to make CPI who constantly dogde, or only jump, like in Trainings Mode.

The first might be allot of work for the makers of the game, but makes it more equal for playing who wanna join Tournaments, but never got the chance to train that good.

What do you think?

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Personally i dont care about computers because i play with my friends, always.
Of course it would be nice to improve computers but something like this would take so much time, and because i dont care about computers i really say no, just makes my wait so much longer. But as i said it would be good to improve comps somehow for those who dont have friends living near or they just dont play smash.

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
Personally i dont care about computers because i play with my friends, always.
Of course it would be nice to improve computers but something like this would take so much time, and because i dont care about computers i really say no, just makes my wait so much longer. But as i said it would be good to improve comps somehow for those who dont have friends living near or they just dont play smash.
For those guys it is :)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
These options just sound overly complicated... the first just sounds frankly unlikely and not worth the effort at all. I don't exactly know what you meant by your second option, but...
I think you should just be able to set things such as how offensive, defensive, aerial vs. ground, general reaction speed (stupid unrealistic power shielding...), and perhaps basic personality changes- like having certain CPUs that spend the match avoiding enemies.
You could set up some fun things where you and a friend try to hunt down fleeing jigglypuffs... bwa ha.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
The use of "ghosts" are a slight possibility, but I really don't see it as something that would work... If SSBB successfully get online capability, then there is about no reason to have a customizable AI portion of the game...

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
The use of "ghosts" are a slight possibility, but I really don't see it as something that would work... If SSBB successfully get online capability, then there is about no reason to have a customizable AI portion of the game...
Not everyone got Wi-fi you know ;)

Happely I'm not one of them :chuckle: (But I don't got a Wii (yet))

@qdMbp, thanx for the advice, i'll edit my post (second idea).

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I can see what you mean wob wob, but I think it's too complicated. I like your second idea though, many fighting games already has it as an option and it is usefull for trying out stuff

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
I can see what you mean wob wob, but I think it's too complicated. I like your second idea though, many fighting games already has it as an option and it is usefull for trying out stuff
The second idea is made by qdMbp, but the originally idea is mine :) .
Any other suggestions? (and welcome Bullit Bill (3 posts xD))

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
thanks. I think that a lot can be improved by just improving the AI of the CPU's in general. The CPU's in SSBM are too predictable, if they used a bigger variety of moves it wouldn't be as bad

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
This is a really good idea IMO. I have no one to practice against except computers. The only time I get real practice is when my buddies come over but thats only for like a day or two. I need something to continue training, in other words, a really intelligent computer opponent.

Top Bottom