• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new frontier: 6/8-player smash in PM?

Free-D

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if anyone could look into the games codes and figure out a way to do 6 player smashes.

In "Cruel brawl' under challenges with the alloys ithere can be six different characters on screen.

Surely there must be a way to get 6 people playing at the same time?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Even if someone will figure out how to do that, then how the hell are you gonna plug in 6 controllers if there are only 4 ports for them? Unless you want 2 extra CPUs of course. Would be nice to see this done of course, but i don't think its possible.

Free-D

Smash Cadet
I didnt say the idea was perfect, but possible! I imagine this would've for very casual play so someone might have to go with wii remote/classic controller etc

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
Even if someone will figure out how to do that, then how the hell are you gonna plug in 6 controllers if there are only 4 ports for them? Unless you want 2 extra CPUs of course. Would be nice to see this done of course, but i don't think its possible.
That's easy, 4 people would use GC controllers, while the other two use Wiimotes

FailingItUp

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of work that would have to go into this, the Wii as well as Brawl was never really meant for that many human players. you'd have to figure out setting the wii up for 2 new additional input sources, then setting those up to work on the character select screen, then what happens if all . select a character who only has 5 costumes, or if they all pick ice climber it could crash the game... its just not feasible, unfortunately. I wish it was.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
There's a lot of work that would have to go into this, the Wii as well as Brawl was never really meant for that many human players. you'd have to figure out setting the wii up for 2 new additional input sources, then setting those up to work on the character select screen, then what happens if all . select a character who only has 5 costumes, or if they all pick ice climber it could crash the game... its just not feasible, unfortunately. I wish it was.
Also, while there can be 5 alloys and 1 player present or 4 alloys, 1 player and 1 CPU character, alloys have very small file size (less than half of normal character's), so, its like there is only 2 characters fighting you. If too much would be loaded, then it would either crash or freeze the game and with how long are loading times in Brawl, it will take forever to load even if crashing/freezing will be fixed. Costumes part can be easily fixed with cBliss of course, but there is a lot of stuff that will result in a epic failure.

Top Bottom