• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new foe has appeared!

Barndo

Alaska TO/FGC Member
NNID
zenbakudon
CHALLENGER APPROACHING
A NEW FOE HAS APPEARED!
BARNDO HAS JOINED THE FIGHT!
Hello everybody, my name is Barndo, which is a play of my real name, Brandon.
I've been playing Super Smash brothers since I was four years old, which was the original release of Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo 64 in 1999. Back then of course, I didn't understand competitive nature, and mechanics of the game. So I played Link because I had seen a friend play the Legend of Zelda. Two years later, Melee came out. I picked it up, but again did not understand the mechanics for a while. There was a seven year gap between Melee and Brawl. During the seven years, I slowly began to understand the ways people's attacks would work, and Melee also introduced me to Roy and Marth. Fire Emblem was a series I had never heard of, and once I started playing them I couldn't stop. In Melee, Roy was my main. The cool armor, the flaming sword, he had a certain appeal to him that my young mind enjoyed. I did not get good enough at melee to be competitive, however I did play competitively within my friend group.

Then Brawl came out. In 2008 when the release of Brawl hit, I had recently been introduced to the competitive scene of Melee, so I knew to research. I knew to check tiers for knowledge of who is good, I know to research why people are good. I played Brawl very vigorously. I did not play casually for quite a while, I jumped right into training with a good friend of mine. During Brawl, I grew an attachment to Ike, another Fire Emblem character. People hate Brawl Ike, and I see why. All I can say is, at least he isn't Meta Knight.

And here we are now, the era of Smash for 3DS and Wii U. I played around with every character, learned all the moves for the ones I enjoy. At first I picked Link again, then it was Bowser, now it is Falcon, and I could not be happier with a main. I am very friendly, looking to improve and play competitively. Unfortunately, there aren't too many tournaments here where I live (Alaska), but this is the age of network play, so maybe I'll pave a way through that.

Thanks for reading this long winded introduction, I hope to become friends with at least a few of you, and maybe we'll see each other on the Battlefield.

TLDR;
My name is Barndo
I live in Alaska
I have been playing Smash since 1999 (Original Release)
My mains/secondarys/funs are in my signature.
Don't be afraid to talk to me, I don't bite.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm a bit late, but welcome to the boards~

Check out here to find out if there's a scene in your area
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
For online matches try here
3DS
and here
WiiU
Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters!
Smash 4
Project M
Melee
Forum Games is great place to waste some time
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.
If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, just tag or PM me!

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the boards. A bit late though, so sorry about that.

Top Bottom