• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Concept on killing Luma EARLY with Villager...

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200

Sort of like :4darkpit:'s Electro Shock, although you're not killing Luma in one hit. Instead its just a True Combo on Luma but only if its close to around 50/50 - 40/50 of its health.

~

The great thing about Riding Lloid rocket is that its usually safe on shield as well as forcing your opponent to commit to an option giving you the ability to react to it, as if you choose to either slow down, speed up, or ditch the rocket all together. For example, if Rosa jumps over it in an attempt to punish you as you're riding it then all you really can do is simply speed up or ditch the Lloid. If she's charging a smash though then I just highly recommend ditching Lloid as you don't really want to risk trading with it. (You can also speed up as you approach her charging a smash and then just slow down at the last second to bait her to release it.) Not just that but it also literally clanks with anything that's below the 13%, (excluding most smash attacks.) And surprisingly, it's not effected by Gravity Pull.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Sort of like :4darkpit:'s Electro Shock, although you're not killing Luma in one hit. Instead its just a True Combo on Luma but only if its close to around 0%.

~

The great thing about Riding Lloid rocket is that its usually safe on shield as well as forcing your opponent to commit to an option giving you the ability to react to it, as if you choose to either slow down, speed up, or ditch the rocket all together. For example, if Rosa jumps over it in an attempt to punish you as you're riding it then all you really can do is simply speed up or ditch the Lloid. If she's charging a smash though then I just highly recommend ditching Lloid as you don't really want to risk trading with it. (You can also speed up as you approach her charging a smash and then just slow down at the last second to bait her to release it.) Not just that but it also literally clanks with anything that's below the 13%, (excluding most smash attacks.) And surprisingly, it's not effected by Gravity Pull.
I mean if Rosalina would just kindly stand there and let me do a riding lloid then yes this is a useful. She can just jump on reaction wait for you to speed past her and dash for a punish

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
I mean if Rosalina would just kindly stand there and let me do a riding lloid then yes this is a useful. She can just jump on reaction wait for you to speed past her and dash for a punish
Then you ditch the rocket in reaction to her attempt of jumping over it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Then you ditch the rocket in reaction to her attempt of jumping over it.
you do realize how much endlag that move has right? rosalina can just fast fall and punish you and if you say slow down then rosalina can just react to your speed changes nothing that child can do on that rocket is fast enough for rosalina to not react

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
you do realize how much endlag that move has right? rosalina can just fast fall and punish you and if you say slow down then rosalina can just react to your speed changes nothing that child can do on that rocket is fast enough for rosalina to not react
That really depends on how far away you were from her when you ditched Lloid, from a FH she literally shouldn't reach you considering Rosa is anticipating Lloid to come to her so she normally would just FH completely horizontal. You literally would be safe by ditching as long as Rosa commits to jumping early on. If shes rising with dair though to punish you riding Lloid than that's a different story.

nothing that child can do on that rocket is fast enough for rosalina to not react
She commits to a obvious jump or Luma gets hit by Lloid and its a trade off.

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
In a tournament if you did this against a rosa, she would shield [probably perfect shield] your lloid and in the middle of your axe she uairs you twice. I don't like this simply because I commit too much; in a matchup in which I'm supposed to hit small pokes until I see some offstage openings, I definitely wouldn't commit to Ride Lloid Axe FAir. As for your previous statement that it's a 'tradeoff,' it really isn't. I hit Luma with ridden lloid and maybe get the axe off, but there is no way I hit the fair without getting punished. Along with this, if luma ends up walling ridden lloid, you hit luma and eat uair. In the Rosa vs Villy MU, eating a UAir is way worse than hitting luma or killing luma for 15ish seconds.
I'd way rather just OoS Axe, or bait gravitational pull and SH axe. Both are safe, and axe can beat out a lot of her moves (and goes through grpulled lloid!)

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
In a tournament if you did this against a rosa, she would shield [probably perfect shield] your lloid and in the middle of your axe she uairs you twice. I don't like this simply because I commit too much; in a matchup in which I'm supposed to hit small pokes until I see some offstage openings, I definitely wouldn't commit to Ride Lloid Axe FAir. As for your previous statement that it's a 'tradeoff,' it really isn't. I hit Luma with ridden lloid and maybe get the axe off, but there is no way I hit the fair without getting punished. Along with this, if luma ends up walling ridden lloid, you hit luma and eat uair. In the Rosa vs Villy MU, eating a UAir is way worse than hitting luma or killing luma for 15ish seconds.
I'd way rather just OoS Axe, or bait gravitational pull and SH axe. Both are safe, and axe can beat out a lot of her moves (and goes through grpulled lloid!)
That's understandable. Originally, the mindset I had while making this video was for a Rosa that developed a habit of Gravity Pulling Lloid on sight, so this would act as a mix up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom