• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Challenger Enters the Ring - Mr. Dream for Smash DLC

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The
Legendary
Mr. Dream
99-0 99KO
"Profile"
From Dreamland
Weight: 235

Welcome to the Mr. Dream support thread.

Who is this "Mr. Dream"?

Mr. Dream is the final opponent in the re-release of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!. The game's title is known as Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream, starring Mr. Dream who boxes Little Mac in the final match of the game. That is also the only game Mr. Dream appears in. Because Mike Tyson's contract expired, he was replaced with Mr. Dream who can now be considered Little Mac's first and classic rival. Also, Mr. Dream is said to hail from Dreamland... where Kirby's from? Gee, that'd be interesting.

Why Mr. Dream?

While not technically a villain, having Mr. Dream acting as Little Mac's rival in Smash Ultimate would definitely fit the theme of Samus vs. Ridley and Donkey Kong vs. King K. Rool. Also, he'd be an obscure WTF character that would be fitting alongside the rest of the cast in Smash Bros.

What Would Differentiate Little Mac from Mr. Dream?

Well, firstly size. Mr. Dream soars over Little Mac, a huge, all muscle and dangerously strong opponent. In Punch-Out, Mr. Dream can instantly knock Little Mac out with a single blow, so I'd imagine that his immense stren gth would carry over to Smash. I could also imagine Mr. Dream being more of an aerial fighter than Little Mac. Moveset-wise, there isn't much to go off of based on the short appearance of Mr. Dream. However, I'm sure there are ways Sakurai could differentiate their moves and come up with an original moveset. Maybe Mr. Dream can have a completely different fighting style than Little Mac. The great thing about Mr. Dream's vagueness is the potential for a creative moveset. I mean Sakurai came up with an original moveset for Piranha Plant, so I'm sure Mr. Dream can also follow in that same direction of originality.

Punch-Out has more iconic characters: King Hippo, Glass Joe...

You're right. They are certainly more iconic than Mr. Dream. Hell, King Hippo even has more moveset potential than Mr. Dream. However, Mr. Dream in my opinion would be a more fun pick because he's a "villain" and an obscure character. Mr. Dream can also bring something new to Smash that hasn't been seen before: a full-sized heavyweight boxer with speed and power. Yes, I understand that Mr. Dream is probably just a dream and pretty unlikely, but that won't hold me back from supporting him.

"Great fighting!! You were tough, Mac! I've never seen such finger speed before." - Mr. Dream

Supporter's List
1. TheBeastHimself

If you would like to support Mr. Dream for Smash Bros, either let me know in the thread or like this post. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom