• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Challenger Approaches....

Jetstream

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0447-6735-8295
Hey guys, I'm Jet :) I'm a Canadian, and I moved to Trinidad in the Caribbean two years ago. I've been a casual player for years, first getting Melee when I was 8 or 9, but I've never been all that good. I got Brawl almost as soon as it came out, but it wasn't until a year or two ago that I learned about the competitive side of Smash. I was just looking online for trick to beat Toon Link, the one character I could never beat, and found Smashboards :)

I've been lurking here for almost a year now, picking up tips here and there to beat my brother and friends. I've gotten to the point that I can easily beat most LV9 CPUs, but I know that's not much of an achievement, I want to get better.

I currently own Brawl, and I downloaded Project M 3.5 as soon as it came out, although I'm having trouble picking a character. I have a 3DS, but no stores down here have Smash 4 yet, so I'm hoping to get it the next time I go to Canada.

I generally play Meta Knight in Brawl, and in PM I rotate between Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Charizard, Wario and Roy.

If I'm trying to improve, are there any specific advanced techniques I should learn first? I can RAR pretty consistently in Brawl, and I can almost wavedash in PM, but that's pretty much it :p

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Heya Jet, welcome to Smashboards :)

As far as PM goes, I use Ganondorf and Roy.

Oh, and since it sounds like you're in the beginning phases of competitive Smash, I'd recommend giving this a read whenever you find the time. It pretty much applies for any Smash game.

Most importantly, enjoy your stay!

Top Bottom