• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Acolyte

Khelorm

Smash Rookie
NNID
Khelorm
3DS FC
2664-2789-3288
Hey everyone,

My name is Shawn, and I am a part time developer for new indie company Freight Train Games and a full time IT guy. We are currently working on our first game called 'Broken Records', but I am looking to play Melee and Brawl in my small downtime to elevate my play. I have always loved the fighting game scene, but I have never put time to be apart of it. Time to change that. If anyone has any reading material or wants to play (currently living in Cary, NC but moving to Wilmington, NC in August), I would appreciate it immensely.

Other stuff: I love to wakeboard, paintball and hike. I also am getting ready to start skydiving to work towards wingsuit certification. In terms of games, I'll play anything. Never know what you will like unless you press a couple buttons. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey Shawn, nice to meet you! I'm in college pursuing a degree in IT s/o to you there. What type of game is 'Broken Records'? I understand if you can't reveal much, I'm just curious as far as the genre, and maybe some general details.

Anyways, the fact that you live in North Carolina is cool, not too far from my location (I stay in GA) so you may be able to play some Smash with me if you reach out to the scene in NC and maybe SC as well since I definitely plan on traveling there at least a couple times starting around next year. Welcome to the boards and I hope to see you around!

Khelorm

Smash Rookie
NNID
Khelorm
3DS FC
2664-2789-3288
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be hunting down players more actively once I move, so I'm looking forward to that.

Broken Records is going to be a four player side-scrolling beat 'em up in the vein of Charlie Murder and Scott Pilgrim, and we want to put a more technical spin in our fighting system. Details are limited at the moment since we're in heavy development, but we have a website and a Facebook page where we try to update (albeit rather slowly) everyone on our progress.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be hunting down players more actively once I move, so I'm looking forward to that.

Broken Records is going to be a four player side-scrolling beat 'em up in the vein of Charlie Murder and Scott Pilgrim, and we want to put a more technical spin in our fighting system. Details are limited at the moment since we're in heavy development, but we have a website and a Facebook page where we try to update (albeit rather slowly) everyone on our progress.
That sounds pretty interesting. I'll be giving it a look soon. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom