• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Melee Vetran" Competitive Mewtwo guide!

D

Deleted member

:150:To start off, let's look at his special attacks (press 2 or B)
standard:GCB:-Shadow Ball-2-25%
Similar to Aura Sphere this move can be charged and released. It does no damage if touched, so Lucario like glitches cannot be done. It takes about 180 frames to fully charge, or 3 seconds. (Estimated time.)
side B:GCR::GCL::GCB:-Confusion Unlike Villagers pocket, this move has less range then what it looks like. It confuses to opponent and sends them up in the air. In the frames they fall onto the ground, they are extra vulnerable. Under 60% I'd recommend following with a dash attack. Over that I'd pivot over and use an up smash. if holding reverse direction in air, this move can be used as a recovery. The best thing is after that you can still use other moves after recovering.
down B:GCD::GCB:-Disable stuns the opponent. Similar to a shield break but shorter. Only works if enemy is facing Mewtwo. Does 1% but follow ups can be deadly. I do this move when a character is over 100%, then I follow up with a pivot behind the character to use a side smash.
:GCU::GCB:- Teleport. Very fast with little lag.Considered one of the top 3 recoverys in Melee.
:mewtwomelee:MID AIR ATTACKS
:GCU::GCA:up air attack- tail swipe upwards. has quite some range. Does different damage around 8-11%.
:GCL::GCA:Forward air- A ferocious swipe. Does around 10-13%
:GCR::GCA:Back air-Up air in different direction. Big range. Does around 9-11%
:GCD::GCA:Down air- A downwards kick that can meteor smash. Can do up to around 14%
:GCA:Standard-shocks opponent, can do anything from around 1-15%
:4mewtwo:GRABS
:GCZ::GCL:Forward 10-11% A grab,throw, and projectiles.
:GCZ::GCR:Back-Mewtwo throws the character without a care. Does about 10%
:GCZ::GCU:Up-Mewtwo uses psychic abilities to throw up the character. Does about 12%
:GCZ::GCD:Down-Mewtwo pins the foe down and uses tail slap. does about 9%
:mewtwopm:SMASH ATTACKS
:GCL::GCR::GCA:Side-15-21%
:GCD::GCA::GCA:Down-15-21%
:GCU::GCA:Up-16-22%
:GCLT::GCRT:SHIELD
It lasts about 7 seconds, or around 420 frames. That's without being hit.

GOOD MATCHUPS
Mario
Diddy
Villager
LOOK OUT FOR
Mewtwo
:025:Thanks for reading my guide! I couldn't do everything, so leave suggestions, fact corrections, and more in the reply section. You can suggest pictures for me to use..that would be appreciated actually. Have any good combos or technical stuff? Reply and I'm willing to add more. Thanks! -pika

Last edited by a moderator:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Here a bit of constructive criticism:

You spelled "veteran" wrong and you're missing many spaces after your periods. I'd give the whole thing a read-over and make sure the grammar is corrected.

D

Deleted member

You spelled "veteran" wrong and you're missing many spaces after your periods. I'd give the whole thing a read-over and make sure the grammar is corrected.[/quote]
What I have to say- I blame auto-correct.

D

Deleted member

Here a bit of constructive criticism:

You spelled "veteran" wrong and you're missing many spaces after your periods. I'd give the whole thing a read-over and make sure the grammar is corrected.
Just changed the periods.

Top Bottom