• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Melee Carol: Haunting

Fallen Ness

Smash Rookie
It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellowmen, and travel far and wide; and if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death. It is doomed to wander through the world -- oh, woe is me! -- and witness what it cannot share, but might have shared on earth, and turned to happiness!

I wear the chain-grab I forged in life. I made it sheik by sheik, and marth by marth; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it. Is its pattern strange to you?

I cannot rest, I cannot stay, I cannot linger anywhere. My spirit never walked beyond our corneria-guns -- mark me! -- in life my spirit never roved beyond the narrow limits of our gun-camping hole; and weary journeys lie before me!

The whole time, no rest, no peace. Incessant torture of remorse.

Hear me! My time is nearly gone.

How it is that I appear before you in a shape that you can see, I may not tell. I have sat invisible beside you many and many a day.

That is no light part of my penance. I am here tonight to warn you, that you have yet a chance and hope of escaping my fate. A chance and hope of my procuring, Ness players.

You will be haunted by Three Spirits.

Without their visits you cannot hope to shun the path I tread. Expect the first tonight, when the bell tolls one.

Expect the second and third in the days not-so-long after, Ness players.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness can kinda chaingrab fox and Falco. Is this happening on other boards too?

And isn't it a little too early for Christmas?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It's a direct excerpt from A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens except with some Melee references. And no, it's only on the Ness boards.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. I don't remember exactly what the movie said. It's kinda early to talk about Christmas. We still have Thanksgiving first.

Top Bottom