• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Mario Main...Using a Ness?! Come Comment...

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Hello, fellow Ness Players (as I recently became one, myself. :laugh:). I go by the name DP and my sig tells it all...

I recently picked up Ness not too long ago. I became interested in playing with him just because I simply played his game, Earthbound, like...weeks ago. :embarrass

So, a while back, I went to a tournament (Same tourney that Dogysamich went to) and they decided to have a Low Tier Singles Tourney. So I'm like...Well, I guess I can give my Ness a shot. Thinkin' that I wouldn't make it too far, the next thing you know I'm in the Winner's finals. And here are my matches against Bloshi, a hard-core, good *** Yoshi.

Match 1 - Yoshi's Story (Hometown FTW)

Match 2 - Final Destination

Match 3 - Fountain of Dreams

Match 4 - Corneria (A Ness Counterpick...But took no advantage of lasers.)

Match 5 - Pokemon Stadium

Matches 1 & 3 were probably my worst ones, but...Tell me what you think! I made Ness my secondary and I'm happy with him. Thanks alot for viewing!! :laugh:

SUB Z€R0

Smash Apprentice
NICE ness you got there :p

I wanna get good at ness but i'm only good with falco, falcon and my brother hates my pikachu :p

But ne way nice work!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, your Ness reminds me of someone else, but for the life of me, I can NOT remember who, or find a video to support my theory..>_> I'll keep looking later I guess.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol, u kinda remind me of my Ness, except that I beat Bloshi at my first tourney (I think). I don't really remember and that was like 10 months ago. I'm sure he's much better than me now...

U kinda have problems approaching, but who doesn't?

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Lol, u kinda remind me of my Ness, except that I beat Bloshi at my first tourney (I think). I don't really remember and that was like 10 months ago. I'm sure he's much better than me now...

U kinda have problems approaching, but who doesn't?
That makes you the 2nd person that said the exact same thing about my Ness reminding you of somebody...Hmmm...

If it's a legendary Ness player, then once you remember, tell me who! But if it's a noob, don't bother. :laugh:

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, I remember a video of a Ness doing something very similar to you...I just can't remember who. It was AngryLobster or N.OW or Reik or Dan Smith I think. Those 4 kinda leap to mind when I try to remember which Ness it was. I can't find the video I'm thinking of though.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
No, I remember a video of a Ness doing something very similar to you...I just can't remember who. It was AngryLobster or N.OW or Reik or Dan Smith I think. Those 4 kinda leap to mind when I try to remember which Ness it was. I can't find the video I'm thinking of though.
Ah, okay. My Ness has been improving alot lately, though.

I just need somebody to explain to me the YYG & the jackets and stuff...I should be straight, then.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
There's a guide in the stickied Ness thread, The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. It has basically everything you need to know, and some dozens of pages of discussion if you're still super confused.

Also, just so you know, the Ness's I talked about above are all what I would consider something like Pro-Am Ness's. Not quite pro, but close. Then again, I don't really know what they're considered, that's just my perception.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
There's a guide in the stickied Ness thread, The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. It has basically everything you need to know, and some dozens of pages of discussion if you're still super confused.

Also, just so you know, the Ness's I talked about above are all what I would consider something like Pro-Am Ness's. Not quite pro, but close. Then again, I don't really know what they're considered, that's just my perception.
Thanx, man. I'm on it!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
imo your 5th match was worse than your 3rd which next to all of them doesnt look that bad

oh and have fun YYGing but really YYG is one of the last things you should practice

...but have fun

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Bloshi: Didn't you go to one of Chu's biweeliez? Or it could be somebody who was lying... IDK. It was a yoshi main though... Probably he was lying lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lol. I played a poser then... or somebody else who has a consonant then oshi after it...

Top Bottom