• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Main Problem

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
My interests of a few characters makes me wanna learn them. Then there's characters I find a lot of fun to use. Then there's characters I already have experience with. I can't just pick one. I can't make up my mind.

So I gave myself a little challenge. A broad challenge, since For Glory is random but it's not AI and that's what counts. I gave myself a 3 opponaut limit. To a maximum of 3 matches per opponaut, for a maximum total of 9 potential games, with every character. And so far the results are what I expect them to be. As in how much I know of the character.

My goal is to find a character I have the most fun using, while being good at him or her. And learn to be competitive.

After I wanna do the same thing but Ditto matches with 3 different people of the characters I'm interested in choosing to be a main so I can compare competitively. This will train me to learn the game in more depth, plus give me an idea who I'm best with, and ultimately find a character I really enjoy using.

That's what I'm asking towards the community. The rest of this post I'm going to put my results for both challenges. So I have a personal reference where I stand per character.

For Glory:

Mario 4-0

Not surprised, he is basically the same as brawl so I knew him. Definite yes to Dittos.

Luigi 3-2

Again I know him but his icey physics still are difficult for me. And I despise his dash attack. Otherwise he is fun to play. But I wouldn't go out of my way to main.

Peach 1-2

Not that great with her. But the floating is fun. And slapping is always fun. I'm interested in her so I wanna try some Dittos with her against people who know Peach.

Bowser 1-4

Absolutely suck with him. I can't control his slowness. No matter the version, I'm just not a heavy character dude.

Yoshi 3-4

Cute yes, but I suck with him. And I keep on forgetting his up b. Not too interested for further research.

Rosalina 4-2

Two of the wins were because my opponaut saw Rosalina and killed themselves so they can change character for another match.. Same person...but I couldn't beleive it happened twice in a row. I kept the number to remember what happened. Anyways not a fan. Shes interesting but not my style and dont have a lot of fun with her.

Bowser Jr 0-3

Just bad and not my type. But very creative.

Wario 2-2

I'm interested for one reason and one reason only. During his 9.0 run against Master Shadow I was over 100% last stock and I just finished Master Edges. Shadow came..I faired him twice to the edge then down smash. Grabbed the ledge, went from a fair, to a dash attack, to a nair, to a down b and he instantly died... Never could pull it off again since. I'm interested in seeing Wario mains use him. Especially down b combos.

Game and Watch 3-2

I am bad with him but I like the creativity. Not enough fun for a main though.

Donkey Kong 5-2

Three meteors right off the bat as well. I know I'm good with him. Same as Mario, definite Dittos.

Diddy Kong 2-1

Don't like him...at all. Theres two others I have the same feeling with. Don't wanna use him unless I have to.

Link 2-3

YES I finally got a meteor kill with him lol. Also the whole fact of turning him from a speed character to a power character just rubs me the wrong way. I find him better in the earlier versions.

Zelda 2-1

So..much...potential. Lots of fun, and I know her to boot. Dittos please :)

Sheik 3-1

Know her...but not a fan. Only because of her dair. If she didnt move...yes lol.

Ganandorf 4-1

Too much power...but very punishable. I like going against not using lol.

Toon Link 5-0

Dittos..just because I find him easy to rack of percentage with. I wanna see if this is feasable amongest TL mains.

Samus 0-3

Yea...charge shot is too much fun. And I don't know how to space with her at all. I'm either too focused on the charge shot and get comboed. Or I forget about it completely and turn her into a pure melee breed...yea I'm bad.

ZSS 0-3

Yea...again...like sheik. The whole movement as you dair makes me say no. I'm too used to trying for it I SD lol.

Pit 1-2

I don't know...if anything Dark Pit just because he sounds and looks cooler IMO. But I'm interested in him..I just need to find if theres any difference between him and his dark half. So until then, dittos please.

Palutena 2-4

Fun but slow. And easily punishable if you don't connect or start the combo correctly I noticed. Spacing is a must, and I don't have that.

Thats all I have right now. I'll update when I have more time and get more characters tested through For Glory.

Ditto Interests:
Mario
Peach
Wario
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Toon Link
Pit

Last edited:
Top Bottom