• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little more explanation on the Mac gimping thing...

Siobud

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSiobud
3DS FC
4570-8483-8206
So after seeing Omni's hilarious vids on this gimping stuff I was in love with this technique (if you want to call it that). Doing it online, people get really caught off guard and I love it! Normally I stand a little away from the ledge and go for an arced jump into it, but I see some videos where people are able to do a totally vertical jump at the very edge of the stage and successfully carry themselves off the edge instead of landing back on the stage.

I tried fooling around with this and I was able to achieve it VERY occasionally with no clear signs of why it worked. Anyone have any tips?

On another note are players able to up b out of it? It seems like most characters can, although it doesn't always allow them to escape death.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Characters with quick Up Bs that either have hitboxes that come out very quickly or invincibility near startup (e.g. Sonic) can get out of it. NAir has very little hitstun but comes out very quickly so there's only a small handful of frames where your opponent can really act before the next NAir hits them.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
It doesn't work on characters whose recoveries come out quickly, like DK. I've succesfully pulled this off then returned to stage safely on Lvl9 Bowser Juniors in training set to Stop, as Bowser Junior's recovery comes out slow. So yeah, anybody whose recovery has a bit of startup can be gimped by the one character we thought wasn't supposed to leave the stage.

Top Bottom