• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little clarification on RAR...?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Just one. =)

The Reverse Aerial Zareidriel, however, which I just invented this very moment, is a series of bairs that carry the opponent along and kill them. Amen.

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
yea, it's pretty crazy if done right... the RAR in itself is just running at your opponent, pivoting so you turn around, jumping (momenting moving you backwards) and then using your Bair for a quick and very powerful swipe.

and the RAZ (lol) is a pretty hxc technique carrying someone across the stage. pretty pro.

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Yes, RAR+Bair is just one attack, it's capitalizing on one of ike's few powerful movew with minimal lag. It's just an approach, if you wanted to, you could approach with a short hop +fair or nair, but the RAR+Bair is better, it's a lot quicker and more powerful.

scyther250

Smash Cadet
That's what I thought, but I've done a series of them to great effect, so I just wanted to know if everybody already knew about that. It usually only works on the bigger characters, though... :(

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I just figured this out yesterday. Very fun move to use.

I'm pretty sure Toon link has a much better one, which allows him to move forward normally, and use his bair almost like Marth's fair in Melee.

Top Bottom