• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A legit question for spammers

Tiko

Smash Rookie
Im not talking about zoners who use their tools sparingly im talking about people who legitimately by its very definition spam an ability To achieve a win. Most specifically im talking about the likes of pk fire and pK freeze. This is the only game ive ever played that allows for the use of abilities like these in such a spam friendly fashion. It really does make me wonder if this game is for me or anyone who likes a more balance friendly game really.

i got to elite smash with several characters only 1v1 no item battles as it should be tbh, and never while i was playing ness did i feel good about winning that way. Its very cheese cookie cutter nonesense that in my opinion needs to be addressed. Sure the characters with a reflect can give you a run for your money but those are so few.

but i do find this pk fire spam to be unfair and honestly shouldn’t be allowed. Ive chained a bowser who seemed relatively experienced to 83% into a smash attack. It was a circumstantial moment but it shouldnt be allowed to happen at all. And dont even get me started on lucas and pk freeze. All abilities like this should have limitations to how much and how frequently they can be used. In the hands of a good player it makes them great and in the hands of a great player well its just plain unfair and alot of characters can not overcome this “tactic”

now my question to people who actually enjoy this (cant imagine why you would) does it actually feel satisfying to win this way for you? Like is it fun? I personally cant stand it.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Apparently it is fun for some people. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
First we need to make an important distinction. Playing Smash Bros online, with it being delay based netcode, makes reacting to certain tactics much more difficult than if in an offline environment. So characters that inherently struggle with zoners will definitely have a more difficult time while in an online environment. That being said...

In the hands of a good player it makes them great and in the hands of a great player well its just plain unfair and alot of characters can not overcome this “tactic”
Characters do have certain tools to overcome the tactic. However, as mentioned previously it's more difficult for certain characters. Bowser might be one of them as you stated in your post. One of the most overlooked strategies to approach a character using a same move repeatedly, like a projectile, is simply to walk and reacting accordingly. For example, using shield, jumping, or a move that has higher priority than the projectile or that can clank with it. Walking leaves you access to your whole arsenal rather than running or dashing as an approach on those projectile heavy match-ups.

Top Bottom