• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A King in need - Raising awareness on Gordo set-ups/follow-ups

BulgeTremmor

Smash Rookie
Dear King Dedede mains, I post this thread here today to gather Gordo set-ups from the board to raise awareness on the traps and followups that King Dedede has from Gordo. I feel this is a topic that might be overlooked by some Dedede mains, and raising awareness of this aspect could very well benefit the character's meta.

Such setups could include: Up Smashed Gordo Toss that goes over the opponent, down-tilting the opponent into Gordo and following up with an Up-Air to potentially net a kill at higher percents.

I would highly appreciate it if King Dedede mains took the time to show their findings or experiment with Gordo followups so that we may further enrich this character's meta.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Alright, please don't take this the wrong way but this post that you've made is incredibly ignorant a bit of an insult to a lot of us Dedede players. I understand wanting to have a central hub for gordo setups and I think it's an awesome idea. But to just straightup say that no one uses them is offensive... Girthquake is probably THE go-to guy for G-Do setups. And if you watch better Dedede play, you'll notice a lot of gordo tricks. You're clearly not watching the footage we've posted. I just want to put that out there.

With that out of the way, @Girthquake definitely needs to be up in here.

And as a suggestion, since many setups are stage specific, we should have maybe two sections differing between the two.

Definitely a good idea, this.

BulgeTremmor

Smash Rookie
Alright, please don't take this the wrong way but this post that you've made is incredibly ignorant a bit of an insult to a lot of us Dedede players. I understand wanting to have a central hub for gordo setups and I think it's an awesome idea. But to just straightup say that no one uses them is offensive... Girthquake is probably THE go-to guy for G-Do setups. And if you watch better Dedede play, you'll notice a lot of gordo tricks. You're clearly not watching the footage we've posted. I just want to put that out there.

With that out of the way, @Girthquake definitely needs to be up in here.

And as a suggestion, since many setups are stage specific, we should have maybe two sections differing between the two.

Definitely a good idea, this.
Good points. I believe I have indeed made quite the misconception. The King Dedede mains in this board do seem to have an appreciation for the several setups King Dedede has out of Gordo. I apologize for my lack of judgement in my previous post as I had scoured through mostly bracket footage and did not find the videos posted previously by @Girthquake and others on the board.

However, as you mentioned, a concentrated place where Gordo set-ups/followups can be discussed would be very beneficial to the board. So I do inquire people to post their findings if they can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom