• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Hella good technique

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Recently I watched DBR Evolution Hella's Peach vid and I noticed some interesting techniques being used which I have never seen before.

1. What I call the Hella Parasol Drop:

Usually done on fast fallers. What happens is hella takes out the parasol while the opposing char is above him, after the intial hit or hits, he drops the parasol into the falling animation and then brings it up agian right before landing under the person and retracts it quickly while falling into the ground. This causes there to be a hit on the opponent with little lag afterwards allowing for the follow up of choice.

The general idea I gathere from this is to keep the opponent juggled on the parasol at a certain rate keeping them unable to attack, then right before you hit the ground fastfall auto cancel the parasol into the ground and follow up with an attack of choice.

It can be seen at 1:20 on the hella peach combo vid, also at 1:45, again at 2:40 and at 4:20 and 4:34 and 4:57. In a different form at 1:57.

vid here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDYxBFoibHY

Can you see the technique I'm refering to? :ohwell:

If this technique has been mentioned before I'm sorry for the mixup.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, this is already known. and most Peaches use it (I think anyway) When I see Peaches on youtube, I dont really seem them use the Up_B for comboes and such. I on the other hand do use it alot and it works wonders, and its In able to I will open and close the umbrella to deal a few more hits then when I land, ether grab or dsmash A lot of my airl combos end with the Up-B. Shame how many dont use it.......

So yea your a lil late for this info........lol

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I figured as much... but it seems not to be mentioned... and it is a great mixup technique that should be taken advantage of.

I have not seen anyone mention the benifits of hitting with and then closing the parasol.
I feel that it is a highly used tech that should be mentioned if not by the name I gave it, then by a name period, as it is a great way to get kills.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well like I said, Not many Peach players use the UP-B for air combos or to finish one. So that may be the reason why. When ever I have the chance I will Up.B my enemy. Its an easy and fast way to rack up damage. I love useing her Up-B for many combos. I abuse it and it does wonders for me. and if a character is a fast faller or close to it, I will do what hella does.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, I coined this technique like years ago.
Honestly, it's extremely situational and carries risks even with perfect execution.

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Cool... I realize it is situational but your technique deserves much more recognition as it is an effective way to kill a sticky player.

What do you call the technique?

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Um, I coined this technique like years ago.
Honestly, it's extremely situational and carries risks even with perfect execution.
I've come to the conclusion that almost all instances of peach hitting someone more than once (other than downsmash, and downAir), tend to be extremely situational.

Or is this alittle extreme of me to conclude?

artifice

Smash Ace
i think its good against nubs and it looks cool for combo vids, but the damage the umbrella does is exteremly low, and well itsa not good for combose becouse it leads into nothing, and u want to finish combos with something big like a fair or nair.

the guy above said it well, so take it for what it is, just another peach move that is extremely situational

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i think its good against nubs and it looks cool for combo vids, but the damage the umbrella does is exteremly low, and well itsa not good for combose becouse it leads into nothing, and u want to finish combos with something big like a fair or nair.

the guy above said it well, so take it for what it is, just another peach move that is extremely situational
What some of my latest vids and you will see that it can be use to good work if your smart with it

Top Bottom