• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good way to screw Ike over

kupo15

Smash Hero
This is borrowed from a way to screw Snake over with the grabbing of the cypher or grabbing Snake.
This is very situational, but if Ike uses his second jump in an attempt to return to the stage, grab him as if you would snake making sure that his feet isn't touching the ground. Allow him to break free and he will have no jumps and the delay on pulling off the next move won't allow him to do his side B in time. His only option is to up B which he can grab the ledge, just barely if timed right. Staying in the same spot, use Mirror shield. Your spacing is good that it sets you up for the Mirror shield.

1.Grab after double jump
2. Break free
3. Use a well timed Mirror shield (no need to move)

It is rare but occasionally Ike's make mistakes. You can also do this if they miscalculate a side B recovery as well as an Up B, but the latter is very hard to do. It is hard to shield grab the Aether but I know it is it possible, I haven't found the timing or the situation yet.

Just keep in mind that Ike does not have to be on the same level as you. You can grab him when he is half a short hop above you. This is key because if you don't grab him at that point, he will most likely be saved by the auto snap feature.

If this is known, sorry.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I find that the shield is great in reversing Ness and Lucas' recoveries. They PK thunder into the shield and go the other way. Same for Fox and Falco. You can do it against Mario, but there is usually enough DI to get him the reverse grab or onto the stage all together. Basically, almost any Up or over B that hits you can ruin a recovery with a well timed shield.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea i play pit and friend plays lucas, its one of the most satisfying things ever to mirror shield when he PK launches himself at me. another important thing with the shield is to use it against pikachus down b, also highly satisfying

kupo15

Smash Hero
another important thing with the shield is to use it against pikachus down b, also highly satisfying
Agree 100 percent. This is cool.

I only tested what I first posted with Ike because my friend annoys the crap out of me with his playing style. I'm sure this can work with other people as well like Marth. Yea, I have to try that out because his Marth is even worse. Talk about only using Side B, Literally! It comes out so fast that once you get hit by the first one, your screwed. Anyway...

Just like smart Snake, don't bank on this method working all the time, unless they are a noob, because they will most likely not fall into your lap to grab them. You have to do something which forces an error on their part.
I have been able to do this against another friend who is a good Snake so I don't see why this can't be done. If anyone tests this out on other characters that work, feel free to post.
Thanks!

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Ive got a fetish for Pits' shield, originally though it was worthless, because his angel ring did the same thing and charged, wow i was wrong haha

I havent played any good ikes but i really wanna try this out

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol, ok but don't expect this to be a solution to your edge hogging. It is situational, kinda. I was able to grab Ike's from their Aether, but I'm not that consistent

Top Bottom