• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good ssecondary for mewtwo?

D

Deleted member

Yo so, I play mewtwo and I want to know something.
I do pretty well (I think anyway) for a new mewtwo, and alot of times I pick up one secondary to help out with maybe horrible matchups like 70-20 or something on most games.
So any idea's on a secondary?
Here are my conditions:
1)I don't mind glass cannons. In fact I feel at home with them.
2)They must be fun to play. Otherwise improving will feel like a chore than something I wanna do in free time.
3)I don't need to practice them alot. Whether they are low tier or not I should get better with them as I improve in neutral, or atleast I can spend most of my time improving mewtwo, and a short amount of time on them.
4)They don't require "special needs" like new controls that drastically change how I play or I have to change my neutral entirely to play them.

Any help at all is appreciated.
If there is no character that fits that please tell me the closest to that description. Thank you.

Sempai

Smash Ace
Well first of all what matchups do you struggle with?

As a mewtwo main, my secondaries are Metaknight and Marth, and they have been a great help.

Coincidentally Emukiller has the same lineup, so its not a bad direction imo.

D

Deleted member

Well first of all what matchups do you struggle with?

As a mewtwo main, my secondaries are Metaknight and Marth, and they have been a great help.

Coincidentally Emukiller has the same lineup, so its not a bad direction imo.
Ok so umm well her's the problem with that. Im rather new to pm, as i've only been playing for about almost half a month now, so I was looking for a side to test around with, 1, I don't really have any friends to play with, and 2 the people I can play with don't play pm like that, so... the only real matchup I play is mewtwo v snake. So actually let me rephrase my question, SHOULD I pick up a side & who would they be, or should I wait a little longer until i'm more acquainted with pm?
P.S.
This is REALLY spooky I JUST came from one of your video's lol & srry for the late reply, don't go on smashboards like that.

Sempai

Smash Ace
Honestly, the best thing to do is just understand the game by playing more and sticking with one character. Although mew2 is pretty unconventional...

D

Deleted member

Cool, I'll do that and yeah, doesn't really matter to me I like mewtwo in every game he's in, heck I even main melee mewtwo, teirs in games can be annoying yes, and I AM aware that I could just switch to diddy or mk or fox for top teir advantages, but i'll stick w/ my boy 4 life. And thank you for the help! I thought when I got on here everyone would be a super try hard die hard competitive player that would call me a scrub & body me at every game lol no jokes, but everyone's been so kind and helpful, think i'll stick around the boards a little more often!

P.S.
Is it hard to get project m on netplay? And if not can you tell me how to get it or direct me to a video or written guide on it? Srry I only have a physical copy.

Top Bottom