• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good Little Mac bait (I think)

Toebex

Smash Cadet
So I've been pretty much only been playing Mac since I got the game (as well as Marth and Shiek) and I thought I would share what seems like a really good bait to use on any character. For some reason I have some serious trouble playing against Greninja, and really just generally online, but this helped.

Could be useless but what I do is dash towards them (and get reasonably close), dash the other way and before I start running in the other direction, dash back. You can instantly go into a jab combo or any tilts when you're facing towards them and it seems to bait everyone into trying to attack you.

I have no idea if this is any good but it works for me :4littlemac::laugh:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Once in a Video I watched someone was playing Little Mac on For Glory VS a Greninja
the Greninja player just sat at the edge spamming uncharged Shurikens like "THIS WILL WORK"
and all the Mac Player did was sit at the end of the attack just out of reach and taunted a bit
Before the Greninja Player ragequit
:3

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
This works, but once the meta develops it'll stop. I fought a Lucian earlier today that always countered when I ran in, so after doing this twice, I baited the counter, then ran in and U-Smashed her. This was the rest of the game lol.
For some reason everyone thinks Little Mac will just run in and be an idiot.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not a Lil Mac main, nor do I plan on using him. But I fought someone's Lil Mac today, and they pressured me just by feinting. Or at least that's what it seemed like. He would run, roll back, or dash back, I don't know if those are the same or not (again, not a Lil Mac main). But it really put pressure on me and it worked. I think if there wasn't any lag, my PK Thunder would have been more sufficient, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on this since the OP was asking.

Leon Trotsky

Smash Rookie
I feel like most people are expecting little mac to rush in all crazy right now, so something like dashing back out can definitely throw people off.

Highwayman300

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-8908-8969
I have been doing this since the idea of "ledge camp and throw of the stage" popped out.
Most of the time I "pseudo dash dance" waiting for a whiff or simply a shield pop and use either dash/grab or pivot f-tilt to punish.
Worse is that they eventually drop their "strategy" and start going middle stage.

Top Bottom