• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Goal

Hello, my name is Matthew, and my tag is FinL. I have been playing this game for 18 weeks competitively now, and I have one goal, become the best marth in norcal. Over the past 18 weeks, I have been playing many different playstyles, practicing tech skill for 5 hours/day, and had a ton of stress and fun from it.

I played videogames my entire childhood, so I am no stranger to this game, as it is my childhood in a nutshell, and I want to take it to the next hundred thousand levels. :)

As of right now, my experience with the Smash community has been very positive. Its such a great thing to see so many happy and generous people all compressed in this one community.

And I'm going to stop there.

TL;DR
Hi.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
When I read the title for this thread, the original Pokemon theme song came to my head for some reason...

It's nice to have goals though. Cali in general is a tough area to reach the top, so best wishes to you. Out of curiosity though...for which game? I'm assuming it's Melee or PM, but leaning more towards Melee since you brought up your childhood alongside it.

The fun is the most important aspect, so as long as you're doing that while pursuing your goal, keep at it.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Wow, even the website itself is really nice. LOL
Actually, it was a Jedi Mind Trick/Troll. Initially, I noticed two of my posts, refreshed the page, then it automagically became one post. I edited my comment with what I originally said :laugh:

When I read the title for this thread, the original Pokemon theme song came to my head for some reason...

It's nice to have goals though. Cali in general is a tough area to reach the top, so best wishes to you. Out of curiosity though...for which game? I'm assuming it's Melee or PM, but leaning more towards Melee since you brought up your childhood alongside it.

The fun is the most important aspect, so as long as you're doing that while pursuing your goal, keep at it.
I'm focusing on melee, but I play VERY little PM. My main is Marth, and I'm trying to make Falcon my secondary because of his awesome looking tech skill capabilities. In PM, Squirtle is starting to be a lot of fun

Actually, it was a Jedi Mind Trick/Troll. Initially, I noticed two of my posts, refreshed the page, then it automagically became one post. I edited my comment with what I originally said :laugh:
Oh, so the website can be a troll as well. This is my friend, who also plays Melee competitively, in a nutshell. haha

Top Bottom