• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A global solution to custom moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
As everyone probably knows by now that 3DS characters can be set to the Wii U version, and vice-versa, but does not unlock the moves separately unfortunately, causing another eternity of unlocking and grinding for custom moves.

But lets say we tried the custom movesets that Smash Tour uses, in groups of 1 2 and 3, naming the moveset to fit the moves. (Mario1, Mario2, Mario3)

For Example Mario would be:

1 would be the generic moveset that is vanilla and normal. Also guarantees we don't have equipment on the character. (Because it can still say 'balanced' on the character screen but have a really good effect that is not noticeable)

2 would be:
Neutral Special: Fast Fireball
Side Special: Shocking Cape
Up Special: Super Jump
Down Special: Scalding Fludd

and 3 would be:
Neutral Special: Fire Orb
Side Special: Gust Cape
Up Special: Explosive Punch
Down Special: High Pressure Fludd

This way we don't need to sync a players 3DS every time they switch to a new setup, and can also just choose the generic one if they want. Of course there are disadvantages, being that it kinda removes the FULL customization feature, being choosing whatever you want, and you STILL have to unlock things, but if you unlock a full moveset on the Wii U you can send it to the 3DS as well, and send them to your friend's Wii U so they have the custom moves as well, which can spread and spread more movesets with the help of a closely knit community effectively making a full custom roster.

Other disadvantages also include maybe having too many good moves on one set, and only one good move on another, but the tradeoff for that move you want may be worth it after all. Also equipment cannot obviously be widespread.

Advantages include:
Minor setup for every match, only setups for PRE-tournament and if it's a weekly, the movesets will already be on from last week.
You can know what the opponent's custom specials are with enough memory, instead of going in blind.
No need to bring a 3DS or your certain Wii U to a tournament cause you have a special move you want.
If a way to copy and paste saves from Wii U to Wii U (like the Wii had), it will be even quicker to setup if you're going to a custom tournament and need to setup.
Everyone can say who their custom main is, especially among fellow people who main the same character. (Falco3, Mr.G&W2 etc)
No hidden equipment of course, I think no equipment is an advantage in of itself but that's just me.

Of course this is just an idea I've had since the 50 facts video and I noticed how it worked in Smash Tour, and think it could be beneficial to the game as well.

Last edited:

RODO

Smash Ace
Idk I think I'm more for trying to find the most popular/most useful combinations and just presetting those. (IF they were to become legal)

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Idk I think I'm more for trying to find the most popular/most useful combinations and just presetting those. (IF they were to become legal)
I feel you, I was thinking of what would take up the least space of custom movesets and time, as well as include every custom move.

I've seen multiple people have very different opinions on how the set up their customs, but it has good balance, such as Bowser having that AMAZING side b for recovery, but a terrible Up B for it, as well as a worse fire attack.

Other ones may not end up beautifully but yeah. They work like sets in Smash Tour, so I thought it may work well in normal matches as well for convenience. And being able to practice against certain sets.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
This idea has been shared by ^this guy, a lot of people in the general discussion forum, and myself. I'd suggest you check out the thread that Ampharos posted, many people are posting their own ideas there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom