• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Game Done on Time, or a Game Done Right?

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Me-Well, it's official.....the delay.

The game will release on Sunday, March 9th.
But, I don't mind the delay.

Other Me-What are you talking about!?Everyone wants this game to launch NOW!I'm just sick of these constant delays!

Me-But, these delays are gonna help the game, and i wan't to play it, but i don't want a game to be crappy if they don't delay.

Other Me-Obviously, you got your head too far u your ***.I just want to play the game.

Me-Remember, a deayed game is eventually good.A bad game is forever.

(to others)Other Me-Which do you want, a game done on time?

Me-Or a game done right?

Me-I'm brawl_maniac.

Other Me-And I have two minds about it.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
blah blah blah, they are done with the game. There not making it better for march 9th. If it were to be released on feb 10th, it'd be the same version.

It is just for lame advertising purposes. In which I dont think matters... but hey thats up to Nintendo to decide.

Or they need to realize not everyone preorders. I dont- I just go pick it up.

Tigro

Smash Rookie
Schitzophrenia. It's a good thing.

To be on topic, although seeing this delay totally sucked, I'd rather have the game done right. Besides, March 9th is close enough to Spring Break, so it's not that bad.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This would work for the delay of two months, but this delay has nothing to do with making it a better game. It's far too short of a delay for that. Japan gets it only a week later. What could they possibly do in that time?

EPX2

Smash Ace
... the game is done. Do you guys *honestly* believe that they were still working on the game with only nine days to its Japanese release? Sakurai's not going to be doing a thing with the game in terms of adding new content with this delay.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
they shoulda just worked harder.

they are so lazy and cater to themselves, stuck up there in japan, swimming in money. they need to realize in the real world, you can't just give yourself extra time to work on things.

"Im gonna hand in this assignment a week later just so it can be the best it can be!"

it doesnt work like that. theres a reason why a date is set - so that the production of the product is completed by that date and ready to go. not a speculation date.

and honestly...march 9th doesnt sound promising. its such a random day....especially it being a sunday.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Other Me-What are you talking about!?Everyone wants this game to launch NOW!I'm just sick of these constant delays!

Me-But, these delays are gonna help the game, and i wan't to play it, but i don't want a game to be crappy if they don't delay.

Other Me-Obviously, you got your head too far u your ***.I just want to play the game.

Me-Or a game done right?

Me-I'm brawl_maniac.

Adam vs. Adam starts in 60 seconds.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
ya ill give you your product, next week. oh ya, sorry, i need another week, i really didnt do anything with this week, but i promise i will be productive on the next one. oh ya, well i did a bit with that week, but i mean you want it done right, right? so im gona need another few days. what comes next?

whether you want a game done right, a game done now, or just less lies, they have had thier chance to make good on the benefit of the doubt i and others have given. i have lost all faith in the realease date.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Besides, March 9th is close enough to Spring Break, so it's not that bad.
As much as the delay sucks, the new US release date is SMACK BANG at the beginning of my three week Easter holiday from university. Of course, I say this optimistically as I'm from the UK, but I'm still hoping for a coinciding US/PAL release now...

espio87

Smash Ace

Me-Or a game done right?

Me-I'm brawl_maniac.

If you have two minds about it then I've got like a million. Every time I try to rationalize the situation the debate in my head doesn't end. But I honestly think this delay is too much

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
... the game is done. Do you guys *honestly* believe that they were still working on the game with only nine days to its Japanese release? Sakurai's not going to be doing a thing with the game in terms of adding new content with this delay.
It's not all about new content. Delaying the game to improve it could mean they want to improve other things like in-game physics, they want to make the experience as satisfying as possible. A week may not seem like much, but I'm not talking drastic revisions, just last minute tweaking. What I can't understand is it being delayed by a week in Japan, but by a month in America.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i am just hoping tommorrows update is

"hahaha, i bet i had you worried....no, it's still gonna be released on 2/10"

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
^ THAt update would be officially, the best update in the world

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet

Me-Or a game done right?

Me-I'm brawl_maniac.

Whatever you say Sessler.

Top Bottom