• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Funny Pokemon Idea

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I feel that it is generally believed that at least one of the following pokemon will get a Brawl Character spot:

-Jigglypuff
-Lucario
-Mewtwo

Now I borrowed this idea from someone else and sort of tweaked it a bit. Wouldn't it be funny and sort of cool, if there was a character called Rival Trainer, whose premise was like Pokemon Trainer (where he controlled 3 different characters).

And simply he had control of these specific pokemon. I mean, it would make mostly everyone happy. They'd have their pick of who they'd want in Brawl. It would end the Lucario vs Mewtwo debate, as well as make diehard Jigglypuff fans happy.

And it sort of works if your a big fan of the pokemon series and like it when there is only one type of each character.

Ivysaur - grass
Charizard - fire
Squirtle - water

Pikachu - electric

Lucario - fighting/ steel
Mewtwo - psychic
Jigglypuff - normal

Just a thought... that I know won't happen, but still its a cool thought.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Funny? Don't know about that. Awesome? Eh, I'd rather play Mewtwo without worrying about stamina. 'Sides, I dunno about Lucario, but Mewtwo is extremely intelligent. I think he's better than being part of a team and being "owned" (And I don't mean *that* owned) outside of the pokemon games.

Then again, that's only my opinion, and may not be Sakurai's. P:

Arteen

Smash Lord
And simply he had control of these specific pokemon. I mean, it would make mostly everyone happy. They'd have their pick of who they'd want in Brawl. It would end the Lucario vs Mewtwo debate, as well as make diehard Jigglypuff fans happy.
Why not just include them all and make everyone happier? Besides, none of those three characters have any logical connection with each other, whereas PT's pokemon are all first-generation starters. In addition, we already have PT using that gimmick; there's no need to oversaturate the roster with repeated gimmicks.

AnimalCrosser

Smash Cadet
No way. First off, I want those three to be in as three characters without stamina affecting them. Secondly, there's no reason to downgrade them. Thirdly, using PT's uniqueness again is just going over the top. Fourthly, we'd then have three Pokemon reps...less than Melee. At least one more would be added, probably two. Who is left? Barely anybody likely. Fifthly, Jigglypuff is a SSB veteran who does not deserve this treatment, and neither do Mewtwo or Lucario. Sixthly (is there a sixthly?), the three of them deserve to be their own characters.

:034:

Smash Hero
Uhm? A Rival Trainer would most likely have either different starters, or Pokémon from a completly different type triangle. Such as Dark-Psychic-Fighting.

I really don't see Lucario, Mewtwo and Jiggly pairing up. I mean, come on. What? Everybody should be knowing right now that Lucario will never make it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't like it. One trainer is enough, having a second kind of ruins the effect of Pokemon Trainer being unique.:ohwell:

Plus those three should be characters by themselves.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
No way. First off, I want those three to be in as three characters without stamina affecting them. Secondly, there's no reason to downgrade them. Thirdly, using PT's uniqueness again is just going over the top. Fourthly, we'd then have three Pokemon reps...less than Melee. At least one more would be added, probably two. Who is left? Barely anybody likely. Fifthly, Jigglypuff is a SSB veteran who does not deserve this treatment, and neither do Mewtwo or Lucario. Sixthly (is there a sixthly?), the three of them deserve to be their own characters.
I would agree with this, except that I don't give a crud about how PT's "uniqueness" *snortlaugh* would be affected. However, it is obvious he'd be the only pokemon trainer as his name is Pokemon Trainer, not Pokemon Trainer -insert name here-.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Uhm? A Rival Trainer would most likely have either different starters, or Pokémon from a completly different type triangle. Such as Dark-Psychic-Fighting.

I really don't see Lucario, Mewtwo and Jiggly pairing up. I mean, come on. What? Everybody should be knowing right now that Lucario will never make it.
Technically its not their choice to pair up..... I mean, if they got caught in pokeballs....

Yes... they are equal to slaves.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i think its kind of a cool idea, but it wont happen. also, the 3 pokes for poke trainer r obviously related as their the normal 3 starters. if the rival trainer had turtwig prinplup and infernape.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
eh.. i'd like to have a rival trainer, just not those pokemon, because i want to play mewtwo without stamina

Top Bottom