• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A funny Match up

littlewolfy

Smash Rookie
Alright so for all you bowser fans out there, does anyone else think its hilarious to watch bowser fight Diddy kong? One of my friends mains Diddy Kong and despite the fact he is a lot faster than bowser his attack are a lot weaker. So I didn't die once and I was at over 200 damage and we both had five lives. I didn't even spam my moves.

I thought it was just my friends fault that diddy did so badly so I fought a level 8 diddy kong and almost the same thing happened with the exception of me killing myself at one point.

I think its funny that a tiny monkey is getting obliterated by a big Green dragon/turtle that is extremely slow.

If you think its funny post your comments about diddy VS bowser.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really dont like Diddy when he uses Bananas to his advantage. I dont mind a little here and there but too many bananas keep me weakened.
It's like what one of my friends said, and I quote:
"I didn't lose to Diddy, I lost to the bananas." He dont use Bowser though.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Your friend must have sucked with Diddy because Diddy owns Bowser. By the time you touch him Bowser wil be at 100%. By the way level 8s are not good for testing things.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Bowser can beat all characters. You just have to have the skillz.

To beat a Diddy your have to learn to grab hold of those bananas when thrown at you. (I don't have a vid of me brawling a good Diddy yet so I can't display)

Bowser's moves are slow and the A button which is his standard A is lame when trying to grab those bananas (due to its start up and ending) so your have to be really accurate when trying to grab them.

What I do to get around them is keep in the air and use infinity jump to avoid landing on them but remember that Diddy himself will get you with his quick attacks.

on the plus side it takes Diddy a while to kill Bowser due to his weak attacks and Bowser great endurance so when you are getting owned by that Diddy your still be in shape to kill him before he can kill you.

Number one priority is learning how to grab those bananas and using it to your advantage. Another key tip. Don't throw the bananas by the cliff when playing a Diddy. He can actually jump up and grab it then use it back on you. Keep them on the stage but away from the cliff. (Note he can grab the bananas easier then you can due to his quick attacks and move settings.)

littlewolfy

Smash Rookie
Yea, I really like fighting Bowser VS diddy though. Its fun and the strategy you just said was pretty much what I did. Im fairly proud of myself.

Top Bottom