• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A fun new way to play melee!

werty14

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i have a fun new way to play melee it's a great way to play.

1. First you pick super sudden death to play.
2. Turn every item off except the hammer.
3. Then pick your charcter and pick a stage.
4. Then everybody grabs a hammer and starts knocking of everyone in a showdown!

I think this is a good way to play why don't you try it!!!!:)

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
LOL.

There is a version of that which my friends and I quite frequently play. We choose sudden death as well, but then turn off every item except the super scope. We then choose the stage of Hyrule castle and try to charge shot each other. It's hilarious to see some of the matrix style moves used to dodge the bullets.

This doesn't work if you don't pick a large stage with lots of cover though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Does the Ray Gun have enough knockback to KO on 300%? I'd think super-fast aerial blasts would be more fun than Super Scope, what with the flying instagib guns and all.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know a couple play styles.
1. Regenerate --- Super Sudden Death with only maximum tomatoes on. It becomes a struggle for health where if someone gets lucky, they could snowball affect and stay at 0 for a long time.

2. Super Lag --- Fountain of dreams, everyone ice climbers, and very high pokeballs. Se if you can handle fighting at 3 fps.

3. Rest Wars --- Jigglypuffs in Temple's Cave. It basically boils down to a tech-off.

4. Russian Roulette --- Get 2-3 Marios and a Roy. Have roy stand in the middle of them and start the shield breaker. The marios must desperately cape him and try to get him to hit the other. Lols insue.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
My new favorite is the not-look-at screen battle, and record it. Laugh at how pathetic you are. Some of the stuff is cool, others funny. Anything with Super Sudden Death is fun(Hyrule Temple especially), or run around being Fox in Stamina Mode and shoot each other.

pdk

Smash Lord
here's a fun new way to play melee:

though that russian roulette idea of coreygames' is pretty clever; maybe you could have two roys right next to each other charging and two marios on the far sides of them caping away

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
i have 2 games infact:
1. tag: self explainatory. but if i must: one person is it before the match starts, and the rest must run. hitting a not-it will result in that guy becoming it. no returning the it back to the guy who was just it. Also, projectiles count as tagging someone, counter for marth and roy can avoid getting it, same goes with mario's cape move, and possibly reflectorss, as long as you avoid getting damaged by the it.for anexample: if roy its mario, mario cannot it roy, he must it peach. (did that sound like they're eating eachother?)
2. modified TAG: same as # 1, but on super sudden death.

have fun...

Jordan64

Smash Rookie
tag sounds fun, so does roy's russian roulette

my game is called: Sudden Death Survival Challenge
start a game for 1 min, noone kills anyone else. then when the time runs out, you go to sudden death. Now you just wait for the bombs to start appearing. Now tryto survive the longest! Run around dodge bombs, what have you.Me and my friends usually make it even harder by trying to get to all 4 corners of hyrule temple without dying.

Top Bottom