• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Final Smash fit for a King: Dedede's Final Smash revealed by Sakurai

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Not that exciting, but a fitting final smash for the king.

I also thought of another possible snake fs but some of the crtitcs micht think of it as repetitive: snake could call in a missle strike and "possibly" target the strike zone with the wii-mote or c-stick (depending on what controller is used)
I don't see it as repetitive, just really out of character.
I think there's only been one air strike in the metal gear games.
And SOLID Snake was not even alive at that point in the timeline.

Snake is the protagonist of a STEALTH-action series of games.

Although I don't think it'd be that cool, I could easily see some sort of "Super Invisibility" being his final smash.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Oh, how about that! Silly me. But I still think 6 is a tad bit low; maybe 8 would be good. Dedede's FS would be overwhelming, like Lucas's FS.
Who knows, maybe 6 Waddle Dees ARE overwhelming, considering they're much faster and stronger than your average Waddle Dee. I guess I'm a bit meticulous in regards to this Final Smash.
There is actualy 7

There's a smashed Waddle Doo.

So you're happy yayyy!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
GREAT FS! Quite fitting for the King. I like it, part of the reason I plan on maining him!! (Assumed) Invincibility and a wave of Waddle Dees, Doos (yes, theres one there), and Gordos is awesome! I'm gonna play King 3D first, as I doubt you'll havta unlock him (he's in the very first event match!)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
A bit of a mediocre Final Smash if you ask me, but whatever. It's still cool. :p Final smashes are immune to uncoolness.

And please notice the Waddle Doo two characters to the left of Yoshi in screenshot #3. Well, that's one of my initial questions solved by observation.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
GREAT FS! Quite fitting for the King. I like it, part of the reason I plan on maining him!! (Assumed) Invincibility and a wave of Waddle Dees, Doos (yes, theres one there), and Gordos is awesome! I'm gonna play King 3D first, as I doubt you'll havta unlock him (he's in the very first event match!)
while its 95% possible we'll get that event match....its 50% possible that it wont be the first one

on topic: i wonder much damage does WDA do?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Uhh...

You do look at the updates right?

It was shown as the first event match

"2 trouble kings"
uh yes i wake up at three in the morning for updates first thing...if i didnt then ytf would i be doing here discussing them? also did it ever occur to u that Sakurai can change the order of events?

T-major

Smash Champion
It's an army roaming around the stage hitting everyone randomly, DUH!
they also work completely differently from each other... Pit's works like the Pokemon Unown, Dedede's works like Marill, with the possibility of calling Waddle Doo's and Gordo's... completely different in how they work; only the basic concept is similar...

Uhh...

You do look at the updates right?

It was shown as the first event match

"2 trouble kings"
watch the last part of this video

see how Fox's Blaster is out at all times?... now, look at all the other images of him on the Dojo... see how he doesn't have it out?... they can change things in the game you know. and changing the order of events is MUCH easier than changing the way a character works... besides. it makes no sense for King Dedede to be a starter, unless we get a fourth Kirby rep; which is unlikely.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm going to anyway. I like Dedede's moveset and all, but I absolutely detest his final smash! Aack! For one, it's a clone of Pit's FS. Two, it just doesn't seem like his cup of tea. I was expecteding a whole lot more, like his Mech Robot, not some lame as garbage Waddle Dee roaming about.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm going to anyway. I like Dedede's moveset and all, but I absolutely detest his final smash! Aack! For one, it's a clone of Pit's FS. Two, it just doesn't seem like his cup of tea. I was expecteding a whole lot more, like his Mech Robot, not some lame as garbage Waddle Dee roaming about.
all u really need is to see it in action thats all (^^)v

T-major

Smash Champion
1) it 97% different from Pit's Final smash. like I said above; Pit's is like Unown, King Dedede's is like Marill, with Waddle Doo's and Gordo's thrown in... also, Pit's Centurions fly around, Dedede's Army runs across the ground. their completely different, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't thinking about it hard enough...

2) getting his minions to do his dirty work is in his character. this Final smash reflects his personality perfectly. the only other thing that would even be close to as in character as this one is getting possessed by Dark Matter; but that would be exactly the same as Yoshi's Final Smash (flying around and shooting stuff)

so yeah... pwnt...

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
really, getting possessed by Dark Matter would probably be exactly like Yoshi's Final Smash. he can float around and shoot stuff at people... very similar if you ask me. I'm thinking Dark Matter will either be a Subspace Boss, or an assist trophy. However, I'm hopping that he's a playable character (using his swordsman form, with Eyeball form as Final Smash)
That sounds like a certain Vatti. I didn't realize we had so many sword-wielders that transformed into huge eyeballs.

No offense, but your title just doesn't have the same charm as Misto-Roboto or Mic_128's titles.
Eh, that's probably cause I haven't been in the business as long as they have. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1) it 97% different from Pit's Final smash. like I said above; Pit's is like Unown, King Dedede's is like Marill, with Waddle Doo's and Gordo's thrown in... also, Pit's Centurions fly around, Dedede's Army runs across the ground. their completely different, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't thinking about it hard enough...

2) getting his minions to do his dirty work is in his character. this Final smash reflects his personality perfectly. the only other thing that would even be close to as in character as this one is getting possessed by Dark Matter; but that would be exactly the same as Yoshi's Final Smash (flying around and shooting stuff)

so yeah... pwnt...
1: It has the same properties and concept, so unless you scrounge around for the little things, like you did, they are indeed strikingly similar.

2: Agreed.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
the only other thing that would even be close to as in character as this one is getting possessed by Dark Matter; but that would be exactly the same as Yoshi's Final Smash (flying around and shooting stuff)
Thats not DeDeDe nature to do that, It doesn't make sense and it is out of character.

then maybe Zelda's final smash could be her *TP SPOILER*
Getting possesd by Gannondorf.
would that work?? No it won't.

T-major

Smash Champion
That sounds like a certain Vatti. I didn't realize we had so many sword-wielders that transformed into huge eyeballs.
Dark Matter came first though... wait, are you talking about "what they would be in brawl"? cause if so, Vaati could easily be a mage with wind based magic instead of a sword user.

1: It has the same properties and concept, so unless you scrounge around for the little things, like you did, they are indeed strikingly similar.
I didn't "scrounge for the little things", I gave obvious differences...

Pit's Centurions Fly, Dedede's Army doesn't. thats not even close to being a "little thing", since it instantly changes how each Final Smash works in different situations.

Pit's Centurions work like the Pokemon Unown in Melee; flying through people quickly to rack up damage. Dedede's Army works like Marill in Melee; charging into people and carrying them with him and possibly off the edge of the stage.

those are both huge differences in the way they function, so a similar concept means nothing. if that was the case, than Sonic's Final Smash and Bowser Final Smash are the same too, because there both transformations...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
It's like Pit's Final Smash like Mario's is similar to Samus's FS. Or Link, Ike, and Metaknight. Or Pikachu and Sonic. Or Yoshi vs. Diddy Kong Themes are definately used, but with variations on each one (there are unique Final Smashes as well though, like Wario, Peach, Bowser, and DK).

Pit's Final Smash is 100% avoidable as evidenced by videos (of a CPU doing it I think, lawl). Thing is, Pit can move around during his Final Smash. Near as I can tell from the few screenshots we have, Dedede stands still for his. It sounds like his hits a lot harder than Pits, which makes sense as he's a heavyweight and Pit is a lightweight, which is more focused on mobility.

So the two are different, you just have to look for the differences. It should be clearer once we have the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
those are both huge differences in the way they function, so a similar concept means nothing. if that was the case, than Sonic's Final Smash and Bowser Final Smash are the same too, because there both transformations...
Exactly. Same concept. Transform, deal damage, revert back. Same concept.

It's like Pit's Final Smash like Mario's is similar to Samus's FS. Or Link, Ike, and Metaknight. Or Pikachu and Sonic. Or Yoshi vs. Diddy Kong Themes are definately used, but with variations on each one (there are unique Final Smashes as well though, like Wario, Peach, Bowser, and DK).
That's what I mean.

As of now, we have giant beam-like final smashes (Mario, Samus, Pokemon Trainer),
transformations (Sonic, Bowser, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Pikachu),
field control or swarming the field for control (Lucas, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Pit, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Kirby, Peach), and
Hack and Slash attacks (Ike, Link, Metaknight)

Final Smashes all originate from a basic concept like the ones above. They just act in different ways (Pit's FS comes from the sky, whereas King D3's FS works on the ground).

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I wish Dedede had been in the demo so we could see how this played out. I still look forward to using him though. I think this FS is appropriate for the king. It's pure Dedede.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I wish Dedede had been in the demo so we could see how this played out. I still look forward to using him though. I think this FS is appropriate for the king. It's pure Dedede.
That would've been interesting, given that Dedede wan't even announced when the demo was around. :laugh:

Blue X

Smash Cadet
His final smash DOES seem to fit his character. It did kinda remind me of the Excite Bike AT but more deadly, quicker, and much more fun to overwhelm opponents with.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Reminded me of Pits final smash, actually.

Oh well. Im not judging it until I see how the waddle dee's work.

Top Bottom