• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few solutions for those of whom don't like the roster...

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
First of all, yes, we realize that your favorite anime hero didn't make the cut. No, Sora, Sephiroth, Ichigo, Naruto, and any other characters that have nothing to do with Nintendo didn't make the cut. We apologize...wait, no we don't.

For all you Negative Nancies out there who now occupy your Computer Productivity classes discussing how much you hate the game, I decided to save you some time, money, and effort by proposing a few alternatives than wasting valuable bandwidth and time for everyone else.

A) Take your $5 off of Brawl, since you obviously won't like it one bit now. After all, those 2-3 characters you dislike will be in every single match you play, and someone will always be using them in the cheapest fashion possible.

B) Play another game. Hey! I heard Toon Town is giving 3-days of free play! Not to mention that Disney's Pirates Online is free to play as well, but watch out, I heard they nerfed the Shadow-clone-juutsu/bankai/(insert meaningless anime show quirk here.)

C) GameFAQs has great message boards. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with them, and there's plenty of people just like you there. Go there. Please.

D) I know this one is a longshot...but... Suck it up and enjoy the other 99% of Brawl Perhaps you could stop T.T ing long enough to realize that no one was whining before January 25th, or whenever these full-roster leaks came out. I don't care if you don't like R.O.B. and Wolf could beat the **** out of you. Please, leave me a few shreds of sanity left.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I'm not one to complain about Brawl, but there's nothing wrong with voicing your complaints about the new information.. so long as they aren't running around posting "LOL SAKURAI IS A NOOB!@@@" everywhere.

I see no one complaining about Naruto not getting it, but I do see people posting about how upsetting it is that legit franchise representatives have been left out for novelty characters like R.O.B and more clones.

People are allowed to play a game, enjoy it, but still dislike things about it.. and trying to censor those complaints is silly.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I'm not one to complain about Brawl, but there's nothing wrong with voicing your complaints about the new information.. so long as they aren't running around posting "LOL SAKURAI IS A NOOB!@@@" everywhere.

I see no one complaining about Naruto not getting it, but I do see people posting about how upsetting it is that legit franchise representatives have been left out for novelty characters like R.O.B and more clones.

People are allowed to play a game, enjoy it, but still dislike things about it.. and trying to censor those complaints is silly.
QF-freaking-T

A roster with clones, WTH???? They said no clones!

And: The poll is a lie, they had already decided the roster way before that... like Melee or something. I'll just hope that Smash Bros. 4 doesn't take another 7 years...

skiks

Smash Cadet
QF-freaking-T

A roster with clones, WTH???? They said no clones!

And: The poll is a lie, they had already decided the roster way before that... like Melee or something. I'll just hope that Smash Bros. 4 doesn't take another 7 years...
Ahem.
SAKURAI NEVER SAID NO CLONES
Thank you.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps you could stop T.T ing long enough to realize that no one was whining before January 25th, or whenever these full-roster leaks came out.
What about me? I've been whinning about who wasn't getting announced since, like... September... :(

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Wut!? No Itsygo!?!? T_T Omfg!!! Whyyy!?!? *suicide*

I was only joking^, I like Bleach but i know this is a Nintendo game, i believe
most people on this site understand that and never hoped for an anime char. it wasn't necessary, this ain't Game Faqs.

The point is, people have the right to be pissed off, especially those who were hoping for lets say Geno, Ridley, Megaman(3 third party chars lie). I for one, am very angry about the last one.

Although I do believe, those who say the whole game will suck because of the roster are sad and hopeless.

...and making a thread whinning about those who whine?
How does that make you any different than them?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Sorry but no. I'm still getting the game, and I'm still posting here. And I'm complaining, why? People were dissing Sakurai. "Assist Trophies take too much time, Stickers WTF, yadda, yadda..." what did I do? I stuck up for him. Big time.

I don't even know where I'm trying to get at. But you should see my point. My favorite character got in, but it still stings bitterly.

*sigh*

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. That makes sense. Ya know while this place was in the ****er (and Brawlcentral too), Gamefaqs was spewing out new videos and the like.

Also most people are complaining about 3 landmasters which is a very reasonable thing to be upset about.

Just some food for thought Mr. Feb 2007. If you want your sanity, then don't read what people have to say.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
So what is the purpose in these kinds of threads. The stereotypes for the disappointed people just get worse and worse...

Seriously, why would you be so hypocritical as to make a thread to complain about people complaining? Heck, how many people are still actually complaining and not just saying they are disappointed? How many people have said they are not buying the game? How many people say it's totally ruined because of the roster?

A few people overreact and exaggerate their opinions and suddenly every person who has the slightest bit of disappointment is whining because <insert character here> ruined the game by <not being in|being in>?

Hopefully this kind of thing will be against the rules soon.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I find it funny how you call the roster 1% of the whole game. Maybe you forgot why the games sell to begin with.

Burnt_Toast

Smash Cadet
You forgot one...

E) Kill yourself.

You won't have to deal with how much Brawl is going to suck now that you're sure your favorite character has been omitted, and the average IQ of the human race will surely benefit marginally from your absence.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I am disappointed with a few flaws of the rosters but it will not stop me from playing the game. Who are you to lecture me just because I dislike the roster is bloody pathetic.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
First of all, yes, we realize that your favorite anime hero didn't make the cut. No, Sora, Sephiroth, Ichigo, Naruto, and any other characters that have nothing to do with Nintendo didn't make the cut. We apologize...wait, no we don't.

For all you Negative Nancies out there who now occupy your Computer Productivity classes discussing how much you hate the game, I decided to save you some time, money, and effort by proposing a few alternatives than wasting valuable bandwidth and time for everyone else.

A) Take your $5 off of Brawl, since you obviously won't like it one bit now. After all, those 2-3 characters you dislike will be in every single match you play, and someone will always be using them in the cheapest fashion possible.

B) Play another game. Hey! I heard Toon Town is giving 3-days of free play! Not to mention that Disney's Pirates Online is free to play as well, but watch out, I heard they nerfed the Shadow-clone-juutsu/bankai/(insert meaningless anime show quirk here.)

C) GameFAQs has great message boards. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with them, and there's plenty of people just like you there. Go there. Please.

D) I know this one is a longshot...but... Suck it up and enjoy the other 99% of Brawl Perhaps you could stop T.T ing long enough to realize that no one was whining before January 25th, or whenever these full-roster leaks came out. I don't care if you don't like R.O.B. and Wolf could beat the **** out of you. Please, leave me a few shreds of sanity left.
I think you should do yor research before making a stupid post. I didn't care much about WHO got in, I cared more about WHAT they could bring to Smash.

Does that make sense to your little brain? I wanted to see Toon Link use his hammer, his leaf, that weird cloke thingy and the grapple rope thing. But we didn't get that - we got a clone of Link/YLink instead. Not very original and creative, is it? No.

The majority of the board are pissed off with the fact that we STILL have clones, when we weren't promised any. The character moaners are few and most of the time make justified posts. The idiots like you that rant about the rest of them aren't any better or worse, you're just nothing.

Why? Because I freaking said so. Now quit complaining about other people complaining because thats worse than the people that were originally complaining and suck it up. FACE the fact that some people don't like this and that and SUCK IT UP. Don't complain about it, just shut up.

Top Bottom