• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions about sheiks teleport.

Gamut

Smash Cadet
I was messing around on DL64 today and found that if you short hop then up b to the top platform (using the up b hop to land just before the explosion) the explosion can hit twice. So instead of doing ~9% damage it could do about 18%. I messed around with this a bit and found that if you drop down and use up b to land back on the platform the explosion comes out a lot faster, if you do it right it looks like a phantom hit. I was just wondering if this was known and if anyone uses it on any other stages. *EDIT* I have messed with this a bit and it can be done on any level (even without platforms), just use the up b hop and land and it will work.

Gamut

Smash Cadet
I couldn't, I don't have a video camera but I could use my regular camera and take footage. I do know the double explosion works every time although the second explosion doesn't hit sometimes for some reason. It's pretty easy to learn the timing for it too. The phantom explosion I have only done twice and it was on DL64. I'm messing around on various levels now. On Brinstar the double explosion can be done on either the left or right platforms and you can teleport down to grab the ledge, this can also be done on the left lowest platform of Kongo Jungle. I just did the phantom explosion on DL64 again and it is just an explosion that comes out faster than normal. I tried the trick on yoshi's island with the yellow blocks and sometimes the explosion sound isn't made or isn't seen. This also happened twice on mushroom kingdom with the brown blocks. I just did the double explosion trick on mushroom kingdom II and the invisible/soundless explosion happened instead of the two explosions, the invisible explosion didn't hurt the enemy. I kind of figured out how to do the invisible explosion messing around on fourside I had a yoshi stand on the far right building and standing closely to the right edge, I jump off the edge facing right use the up b hop to land back on the building where yoshi is standing and the invisible explosion occurs. I have used this method multiple times and it works. *Edit* You don't need an enemy standing on the edge, I just jump off facing away from edge (so it's easier) hop back up with up b and sheik will finish the teleport animation instead of landing sometimes.

Ares726

Smash Ace
This is an already known technique. It's called the Double Explosion. If you upB and land on the edge of something, stage or platform, you have two explosions. It works really well against edgeguarders, and also works for mindgames. People are sometimes shocked by it at first and leave you a little space for the rest of the match. But yea, it's already known.

Gamut

Smash Cadet
I figured. What exactly causes the double explosion trick to make an invisible explosion instead? I also overlooked this being in the Sheik guide. My bad.

Top Bottom