• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions about DJC

gapw

Smash Cadet
As far as I know, DJC aerials are useful because they come out and end much faster than normal SHFFL aerials. Everyone has seen aMSa get insane punishes on fast fallers through a single jab reset into a long string of DJC uairs. But I have a few questions about DJC. First of all, it seems like this is just a better and faster way to throw out hitboxes. I'm aware that getting caught doing an unsafe attack like this could lead to you being carried off the stage without your double jump, but that would only happen if you got caught doing it. So when shouldn't someone use DJC aerials? Second of all, what are the inputs for a DJC aerial? I'm unsure of if I should just tap the jump button twice, tap the jump button and then tap jump immediately, or what. I'm also unsure if fast falling and L cancelling is still necessary for DJC aerials.

Icyo

Smash Ace
As you work on your combo game, you'll learn pretty quickly when and where you can extend combos and whether or not you can use your double jump without any adverse effects. During the first part of double jump, Yoshi dips down a bit vertically. This is when you input your aerial. How you decide to input this is up to. You can test it doing full hops first and gradually move your DJC closer to the ground until you learn how low you can go.

PsyRex

Smash Cadet
I'm fairly certain that a DJC aerial actually starts up more slowly since you have to initiate the double jump before starting the aerial, but I don't know if that's a really significant difference. AFAIK the reason that a DJC aerial would seem to have lower lag is because you get to the ground faster. The move doesn't change whether it's DJCd or not. I rarely if ever DJC bairs or dairs, and I only DJC fair if I want to reverse it. Mostly you just have to decide whether what you gain from cancelling your double jump is worth the risk of it being interrupted.

Doxy

Smash Rookie
I really enjoy using the DJC aerials to counter an opponent who is comboing my ass into oblivion. Generally it works because you can minimize the knock back and punish with a neutral or up air. I use neutral at high percentages and up air at mid depending on the situation. It just comes with experience with when it works and when it doesn't. Just play friendlies and experiment.

Top Bottom