• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few of Tristan's requests answered.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
A while back in a post, I asked if there was anything that could be done to advance sheiks metagame. What I got was a long list of things that needed research from Tristan_win.

Here's a link to the original post:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200628

In that post I also did research on the second question, however I'll post it up again.Since I had some time to kill tonight I started doing a few more tests. Here are my results:

Tristan_win said:
2. Learn all the characters who feet can be attack though BF platforms with a ftilt. (I never wrote it down the little results I already had but I remember it can for Boswer and Meta knight at least)
Mario: No
Luigi: No
Peach: No
Bowser: Yes
Donkey Kong: Yes
Diddy Kong: No
Yoshi: No
Wario: No
Link: No
Zelda: No
Sheik: No
Ganondorf: No
Toon Link: No
Samus: No
Zero Suit Samus: No
Pit: No
Ice Climbers: Yes
R.O.B.: Yes
Kirby: Yes
Metaknight: Yes
King DeDeDe: Yes
Olimar: No
Fox: No
Falco: No
Wolf: Yes
Captain Falcon: No
Pikachu: No
Squirtle: Yes
Ivysaur: Yes
Charizard: Yes
Lucario: No
Jigglypuff: Yes
Marth: No
Ike: No
Ness: No
Lucas: Yes
Mr. Game & Watch: No
Snake: No
Sonic: No

It almost appears as if characters who have a lower center of gravity [Explains characters like Squirtle and Lucas], are larger than normal [Bowser], or have big feet [Kirby]have an extended unseen area under them that can be damaged. It's not a large area, because you still have to have some accuracy when doing the forward tilt, but it's there nonetheless. As to why Lucas will get hit and Ness won't though is still a mystery. I tested these two multiple times.

Tristan_win said:
4. I’ve seen the dtilt shoot people downward (onstage, never off) it might be able to spike need to test
I tried this for what seemed like forever on nearly the entire cast. I'm not where you saw this, but do you have a vid of it. I couldn't get this crap to work at all.

10.Check to see if footstool into lighting combo needle game could possible lead into another ftilt and or infinite combo (unlikely as hell)
I did this for about an hour and a half. The results: On big character's at low percents [from my findings] if you do it correctly and don't throw the single needle after the fully charged needles, you can quickly take about a half step forward and start tilting and you'll catch them. Since there was no one else to help me test, in order to try and account for DI I set the computer on walk and did the combo while it was walking away from me [not sure if this is an accurate representation]

I then tried it on medium [Mario] and smaller [Jigglypuff] character. Oh my god. Maybe I just have trouble doing this [it was a ***** even getting the little buggers in the original footstool combo, but they would fly out of my range for the ftilt even with the half step. I didn't even try setting them on walk to simulate DI, cause I didn't think I needed too.

Something that I did find pretty fun though was on most of the characters after the needle, I could DACUS and that in itself [using only one ftilt in the beginning before footstooling] racked up anywhere from 45%-62% total.

Long story short: low percents, big characters. Infinite unlikely considering you can't pull a whole batch of needles from nowhere to keep doing this; however it racks up a good bit of damage.

Tristan_win said:
11. Check to see if needle storm into DACUS is consecutive hit
12. Check to see if fair into DACUS is consecutive hit
13. Check to see if downsmash into DACUS is consecutive hit.
None of them were consecutive.

Tristan_win said:
14. Can sheik duck under the first part of Snake AAA combo?
Sheik can in fact duck under not only the first part of snakes AAA combo, but the entire thing. Provided your are not moving. There were occasions when I was snake where, I simply held A and sheik was crouching in the right spot, Snake would "nick" her, however after multiple tests I concluded that it doen't actually do any damage [0%] If you are moving, and are close to him, you will get hit. You cannot duck under his forward A combo.

Tristan_win said:
16. When two attack "cling" or hit each other and both players go back to there default positions without received any damage what decides who can attack first. Also if it's the same then shouldn't shielding, something that takes only two frames to do come out just as fast as say a punch? I've always get beaten if I hold down shield while my enemy can just AAA combo me they should be at least equal in speed.
I'm not sure how accurate this was, but I tried this while differing different remote ports as well as different remotes. Setting both characters to sheik I used both hands pressed A at the same time on them and just kept pressing them again in rapid succession hoping that my constant spamming of the button as fast as I could at the same time on each controller would even account for buffering. The results for every trial was that there is no difference. I even starting trying it with sheild [A then press shield as fast as I could] although I don't have anyway to count frames it seemed as though shields came out at the same time. I even tried using a different character [sheik and mario] The results were the same. My guess here is that the only difference is the reaction times of the players. Again, the accuracy of this experiment can and should be called into question; however, I did the best with what I had.

Those were my findings. I unfortunately don't have any guinea pigs [friends] here to help test so all the tests were done by me and a level 9 computer in practice mode [except for the footstool DACUS *this was to see the percentage change from a decayed combo to a completely fresh one* ] unless otherwise noted.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It's very disapointing none of them combo into DACUS.

The Jab combo thing would also be cool except Snake's dont AAA combo X(

F Tilting the whole Kirby crew under a platform is awesome though.

Good **** man, appreciated.

Top Bottom