• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few match up assistance...

ChozoAce

Smash Cadet
yea my bro uses 4 characters but his yoshi and DDD piss me off the most

Yoshi
-his back air has beast range and is a great anit air -_- what do i do?
-his "combos" are too good he starts with a jab then jus follows me thru
-good ko potential, combo potential, and hard to gimp (how is he bottom tier?!)

DDD
-crazy range, unbelieveable grab reach, what should i do close range?
-ariels as good as ness' how do i approach?
-pk fire? when should i pk fire i tried pivoting pkfire but he jus blocks and GRABS
-pk thunder wont work he jus attacks it in the air i try to tail whip him but that fair is pretty far range...

help plz....

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Well I can help you out with D3. If he tries to dash grab you, spot dodge and then Utilt or Nair. He's also pretty heavy, so PK Fire chains hurt him badly if you want to take the match that far lol. If he predicts your spotdodges, stick to the air to not get grabbed and use retreating aerials. You could also stay away with PKT and wait until he throws a waddle dee or whatever the orange one is for free %.

Pk Fire can be used, as previously stated, to combo into itself for a lot of damage.if they know when you're going to PK Fire, use it less or start mixing it up. You could try retreating aerial > double jump approaching PK Fire. That helps me all the time.

If PKT isn't working, change where you want it to go. If he always cancels it with Fair, then tailwhip him with the PKT starting behind him. I usually have no problems hitting D3 with the head or Tailwhiiping him. Just get him offstage and PKT. If he uses UpB to recover, Uair him out of it or Fair him back off of the stage.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi - go for gimps. always. try to use fairs and nairs when gimping, more effective. If he uses his double jumb, you can even ledge hog using dtilt to go for wimp kills.
Yoshi is kind of hard to fight with ness. don't try to fight him on the ground, he beats you completly. Go at him with short hop aerials, spam fairs. For the laughs, if he throws his eggs, bat it back xD.

D3 - Try not to get chained. D3 has a hard time chaining ness because he's floaty, but a person who is used to it can get it right every time. D3 gets stuck in pk fires easily, so use that to your advantage, however don't use it when near him, or on the ground, because if he blocks it, he will grab you. Watch out for his dash attacks (because ness's spot dodge usually fails) it can kill. fairs will help you a lot again, it beats out his fair.

Top Bottom