• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Falco video

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
well, your not bad, but your not that great. first off, this is hard to give advice on becuz of three reasons.
1. its a recorded match from wifi. wifi makes the game laggier and thus less skillful. the recording also alters some parts of the game.
2. your playing against a ganon, who is big, slow and easy to combo. for a criticism-oriented vid, try facing a fox or something
3. the ganon player is not very good. try facing someone closer to ur skill level, if u can.

now for the real points.
1. you used Nair slightly 2 much. try to mix in some more Dairs and tilts, and preferably use the Bair much more frequently
2. you missed the chain-spike on the second stock. make sure to practice those, and remember u have to short-hop it.
3. go for more edge-hogs/ off-stage spikes. falcos second jump makes it easy to come back to the stage.

Overall, you have a decent falco, and i commend your effort of obtaining critisizm for improving your game. stick with falco, hes an amazing character. Good luck.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
the chain spike on that second stock, u should have done the walking grab to allow yourself to put more damage on the gannon.

Saltix

Smash Lord
There's a walking CG?
haha lol

well ill practice that and IBG today then :/

bowz

Smash Journeyman
I must say, you have a very good aerial game. Great use of up air. The ground game is good, but needs work. More tilts, especially forward tilt. Also, for future reference, if you want people to critique your falco, it's easier if it was a match that you hadn't dominated. And don't play Ganondorfs, because you'll dominate 90% of them, haha.

Saltix

Smash Lord
BTW I have more videos, but can anyone here record them for me?
my Camera broke now :/

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Nice falco, you do have a very good aerial game. Although I would agree with using you bair way more, raring with falco can be useful as a way to mix up your approach. And you don't have to use your dair spike only after a cg, use a rising dair on a recovering character. Definitely someone like ganon who will have difficulty countering while recovering.

Top Bottom