• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Falco in need of MAJOR HELP!

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
I used to be really good with Falco back in melee, but then when I got Brawl I started to suck. I can't seem to get the hang of it. Especially the spiking, I seem to plummit anytime I miss the spike. I also finding myself always getting KOed and not getting very many KOs myself, Especially in Multi-Man PVP. I've already read all the Guides (Almighty Pancake's Guide) and watched the movie's (Drakua's Visual Guide) but no, matter how I practice it, it cant seem to translate into my Human vs Human games so please any help is good. Thank You!:confused:

Jem.

Smash Master
What do you expect people to tell you..? Some sleeping/eating plan that makes you better? If you arent getting it down by practice, not sure what you can do.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
Turn on Your Wii
Place SSBB Disc
Run It
Press aby Button
Go to Training Mode
Chose Falco
Random Opp
Chose Stage
Run and hit the enemy
suicide as......j/k

really, we all sucked, just go to training mode and practice, no matter how many times you suicide, soon or later you will get a hang of it, if you saw my vids, how many times you think i sd when doing phantasm grab before recording/mastering it?. over 400 thats for sure.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
also another way to become better, try fighting people online, that is the best experience you can gain

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
Turn on Your Wii
Place SSBB Disc
Run It
Press aby Button
Go to Training Mode
Chose Falco
Random Opp
Chose Stage
Run and hit the enemy
suicide as......j/k

really, we all sucked, just go to training mode and practice, no matter how many times you suicide, soon or later you will get a hang of it, if you saw my vids, how many times you think i sd when doing phantasm grab before recording/mastering it?. over 400 thats for sure.
Didn't you say it only took like 5-10 because you already mastered the phantasm's range? Btw just so you know there are a few spelling errors there...
@on-topic
Well like the other said all you have to di keep persevering it may be hard, but you'll get the hang of it... I'm having troubles with Falco too. I cant seem to figure out how to Chain Grab....

PNTBuenaPark

Smash Rookie
personally i've been practicing falco alot lately, and he takes quite a bit of practice to get used to from melee, especially double lasers. SHDL takes quite a bit of TIME to get used to, but you get used to it trust me the training pays off in tournaments. as for combos the more you play whether it be training or in tourneys you end up making your own. From experience i know i have made up a few combos here n there. =D overall i like falco.

rob3_m

Smash Rookie
I seemed to have a small learning curve towards using falco but after like 4 hours of playing ssbb overall not just falco you get used to it and if you still dont get it drop it and pick up somebody else and then come back to falco

if all else fails just get ike

Najin

Smash Rookie
Just keep using him until you get the feel of it. If you were good with Falco in Melee, then you should do a lot better after you realize what has changed and what hasn't. You should also take the time and get used to Brawl's speed.

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
Or you could always...jump UP and do your dair, in which you will hardly move at all and still get the spike

Breakman6

Smash Rookie
Am method I do for spiking, though it's notably dangerous ( so use sparingly):

Knock our opponent off, jump after them, let them be a little above you, use your second jump to jump through them so you end up above them while timing the down air so it connects.

I say use this sparingly because if you're playing some one who's a fast learner, they'll try and spike you first. Surprise attack only. :)

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
I was good with Falco in Melee, and I'm good with Falco in Brawl. Although not much seems to have changed, you need a new style for him in Brawl to be good. When I first used him on Brawl I thought he was the worst character in the game. I got frustrated. After a few matches I learnt what works with him and what doesn't. Soon I realised he was made for me. But there were and still are many things I have to work on.

Argonaut

Smash Cadet
It also may be that he just doesn't suit your style in Brawl. Most of my character choices stayed the same from Melee, but I ended up dropping Ganon and started using Link. Don't force it. Are you playing better with other characters? If you are, maybe you should just go with it.

Top Bottom