• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A discussion on ridley (SPOILERS)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
exactly...the boss fight can be easily explained as a Shadow Bug Ridley and after you defeat Meta Ridley his trophy appears and the story can continue from there...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
exactly...the boss fight can be easily explained as a Shadow Bug Ridley and after you defeat Meta Ridley his trophy appears and the story can continue from there...
I agree there.

Thats not proof. That's just some really crappy photoshopping.
It is proof. It shows that his size could be changed and he would still look like a bad *** space dragon.
and as far as crappy. I can see one image that is really bad, but the rest look really fine. I would like to see you do better.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
you cant deny that Ridley couldve fit in perfectly as a playable character AND as a boss if all he did was add some A moves, grabs, taunts and all that other good stuff to his playable form and resized him too (the boss form could stay the same)...

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
First off, who is this a spoiler for? If you haven't played through SSE by now, you probably never will because your poor family lives in a refrigerator box. Everyone and their mom has brawl, at this point.

Secondly, that guy failed at Photoshop.

Third, a Ridley isn't too big thread? Jesus kid, welcome to this time last year.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
First off, who is this a spoiler for? If you haven't played through SSE by now, you probably never will because your poor family lives in a refrigerator box. Everyone and their mom has brawl, at this point.

Secondly, that guy failed at Photoshop.
Thats easy to say. Got any proof on that statement, or are you just blowing noise.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
all he did was resize and put pics of Ridley from SSE...Im pretty sure it was meant to show that it could work...

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
But he didn't show that. He only showed, again, that Ridley looks stupid when shrunk.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Haha, no. He looks ******** in those pictures, especially in the one with Ganondorf.
I guess Sakurai made him look ******** than. That is where I got all the ridley images from.

all he did was resize and put pics of Ridley from SSE...Im pretty sure it was meant to show that it could work...
That is what I did. Took pictures in brawl and resized them.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Thats easy to say. Got any proof on that statement, or are you just blowing noise.
Proof on what statement? That he failed at Photoshop? You posted that proof already, with his ****ty res mis-matched images.

That everyone already owns Brawl? Once again, proof right here - Smashboards is flooded with hundreds of thousands of ******* each minute making useless threads about it.

Rash

Smash Ace
He could be bigger than that and it would still work. Heck, it would work if he was 1.5 times the size of what you have him as in the pics. Bigger than that might be stretching it, but, I think it's almost as important not to make Ridley too small as well. The way you have him there just doesn't look right.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Proof on what statement? That he failed at Photoshop? You posted that proof already, with his ****ty res mis-matched images.

That everyone already owns Brawl? Once again, proof right here - Smashboards is flooded with hundreds of thousands of ******* each minute making useless threads about it.
Not really proof. The res I can understand for 1 image, not for the rest.
as for brawl being proof he cannot be playable. get an imagination.

He could actually be bigger than that, and it would still work.
You think? I thought that when I was making it, but then I said to myself. If I make him to big, I could run into a problem.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Oh. It's YOUR DeviantART page. Hence the defense. Gotcha.

With that said, wow. For the lulz.
Yeah. As I said before, the quality of some of the images are bad, but it was best I could do with the materials at hand.

He looks extremely stupid and small in those pictures.
He actually looks like a resized ridley. I took the images strait from the game. and then resized them to fit in the small boxes.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I guess Sakurai made him look ******** than. That is where I got all the ridley images from.
No. Sakurai made him right for the size that he has in Brawl. Ridley has always been big. He's a really thin and bony piece of poor dragon, so he needs to be. I've got nothing against Ridley, but he was never a good candidate for being playable.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No. Sakurai made him right for the size that he has in Brawl. Ridley has always been big. He's a really thin and bony piece of poor dragon, so he needs to be. I've got nothing against Ridley, but he was never a good candidate for being playable.
He is a good candidate to be playable. This proves that being bony can still work when your small.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Ridley doesn't need to be as thin as the original if he his resized. He has had his design tweaked more than once and could easily be accommodated as a playable character. Just look at Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3(proportion-wise) if you want a "thicker" less boney ridley while still keeping the basic design elements that make Ridley recognizable. You can also get a feeling of how he would walk/jump/etc. (Omega ridley spends most of his time on the ground)
The too big argument has gotten way out of proportion in my opinion. It's become something of weird fad/trend/whatever.

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
I agree that he could be bigger and still work, AND be a relatively heavy character. He should be DK big at least (tail not included) and not a quick character, sort of like Samus, I think. He'd have his share of quick moves, such as tail grind (which would seek the ground if executed airborne) and range with the fireball so he slower moves wouldn't always have to be relied on.

and imagine his taunts; one of them would be an epic screech/howl - like Wolf's side one, but more dire.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I agree that he could be bigger and still work, AND be a relatively heavy character. He should be DK big at least (tail not included) and not a quick character, sort of like Samus, I think. He'd have his share of quick moves, such as tail grind (which would seek the ground if executed airborne) and range with the fireball so he slower moves wouldn't always have to be relied on.

and imagine his taunts; one of them would be an epic screech/howl - like Wolf's side one, but more dire.
epic screech/howl - that would be an awesome taunt.
well, if multiple people think it, I can go back and try to make him slightly bigger.

That's no "proof", that's your opinion in a picture.
Haven't you noticed most people need pictures to see an illustrated point. If I just say he is not to big, people will just yell back that he is. If I supply an image to show that he could work small, they have to think about it first. Having an image makes it easier to explain because it puts everyone on the same page.

It is like the desk question. If I say picture a desk, no one person will think of the same exact desk. If I show a picture of a desk, people will know what I am talking about.

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
there's also no need to say he's ultra-light; he could easily be heavier than or around the weight of G&W, and game and watch isn't an ultra-light character, only moderately light.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
there's also no need to say he's ultra-light; he could easily be heavier than or around the weight of G&W, and game and watch isn't an ultra-light character, only moderately light.
Good point. I can go back and fix it.
Let me save these comments.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Haven't you noticed most people need pictures to see an illustrated point. If I just say he is not to big, people will just yell back that he is. If I supply an image to show that he could work small, they have to think about it first. Having an image makes it easier to explain because it puts everyone on the same page.

It is like the desk question. If I say picture a desk, no one person will think of the same exact desk. If I show a picture of a desk, people will know what I am talking about.
I totally agree, but that doesn't make it proof. Proof is something that shows that a statement is undeniable. This doesn't do that.

Although in the end, this whole debat boils down to opinions anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ridley could've been playable. The Ridley that Samus and Pikachu fought could've been in the form of Shadow Bugs, but it wouldn't fight like an actual boss.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I totally agree, but that doesn't make it proof. Proof is something that shows that a statement is undeniable. This doesn't do that.

Although in the end, this whole debat boils down to opinions anyway.
I agree there. My statement may have been an over generalization, but to its credit, it is to get peoples attention. I think people would not have payed much attention to it if it was worded
"A mockup to show ridley would work"
Actually that title is not to bad. I should probably change it to that.

But, yes it is all opinion.

test-object

Smash Cadet
It's not the matter that he is too big, it's the fact he's an awesome boss. Not a PC. Don't you think it's ridiculous if Ridley got beaten by someone like Jigglypuff?

Oh, BTW, the resized Ridley seriously fails. C'mon, he looks weak.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's not the matter that he is too big, it's the fact he's an awesome boss. Not a PC. Don't you think it's ridiculous if Ridley got beaten by someone like Jigglypuff?

Oh, BTW, the resized Ridley seriously fails. C'mon, he looks weak.
I find it ridiculous that Ganondorf and Bowser are getting beat by Jigglypuff.
They are still playable though,

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ridley would have been the perfect playable character.... R.I.P club RIDLEY...

too bad they made him two bosses... ridley should have been playable while meta-ridley as a boss, then everyone would be happy.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
K, anyone who is stil saying Ridley wouldn't fit is ********. Obviously he would have been able to fit because he looks perfectly fine in all of them. He doesn't look bad at all.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
ridley would have been the perfect playable character.... R.I.P club RIDLEY...

too bad they made him two bosses... ridley should have been playable while meta-ridley as a boss, then everyone would be happy.
I agree. The shadow bug idea seems to make alot of sense to me. I would go with it,

K, anyone who is stil saying Ridley wouldn't fit is ********. Obviously he would have been able to fit because he looks perfectly fine in all of them. He doesn't look bad at all.
Thanks.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Everyone has either accepted it and moved on

or

not accepted it and just moved on regardless.

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
It's safe to assume that everyone who's posted so far care, because they've posted. If everyone has indeed moved on as you claim, this thread would not have been made, and, more importantly, would've died already.

Top Bottom