• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Custom Fox Combo Video

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Nice. Two comments though: Firstly, you finished some of those double jab strings badly: jab3 should never, ever be used. I'm only mentioning this because your execution was pretty much flawless in the rest of the video, so I'm unsure as to whether it was just you dropping the combo or deliberately finishing with the kicks.
Secondly, about the video itself and not your play: A lot of these combos were very similar, if not outright identical. I recommend cutting down on repeated combos in future. It just keeps things more interesting (being a Fox player, I appreciate a good dthrow-> fair but players of other characters are only watching to see the really fancy stuff so BnBs shouldn't be the focus of the vid). One thing you could do is put all the dthrow->FF fair->footstool chains into a montage sorta thing in the middle. That way they are remembered but they don't crowd out the other stuff.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Do footstools take away your second jump or was everybody burning it? Or were they just dumb and forgot about it.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
He put himself above where they would end up if they were to use their double jump, so that he could footstool if they did.
So yeah they double jumped into the footstool.

Omega_Knight

Smash Cadet
Yea, for the most part you can wait until they double jump and footstool but some characters like Falcon, DK, Bowser, etc. can't recover even with their double jump.

David Viran

Smash Lord
What if a ZSS player just like decided to uair instead? Uair isn't much of a commitment off stage for her I don't know about other characters.

Last edited:

Omega_Knight

Smash Cadet
If you bait the jump and they choose to do a move it will hit you, depending on how fast it comes out. If you go straight for footstool they can't act fast enough, but they still have their second jump afterwards.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Damn those were some fine ass combo moments though.. I soo don't get the reflected football though.
Kinda important to note how luck you get with the impact blaster whenever they miss the tech from the Fthrow... that jab reset is kinda neat

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Nice. Two comments though: Firstly, you finished some of those double jab strings badly: jab3 should never, ever be used. I'm only mentioning this because your execution was pretty much flawless in the rest of the video, so I'm unsure as to whether it was just you dropping the combo or deliberately finishing with the kicks.
Secondly, about the video itself and not your play: A lot of these combos were very similar, if not outright identical. I recommend cutting down on repeated combos in future. It just keeps things more interesting (being a Fox player, I appreciate a good dthrow-> fair but players of other characters are only watching to see the really fancy stuff so BnBs shouldn't be the focus of the vid). One thing you could do is put all the dthrow->FF fair->footstool chains into a montage sorta thing in the middle. That way they are remembered but they don't crowd out the other stuff.
Hi, I made this video for Dugan. It was actually my first time editing something like this. I'm aware that many of the combos were similar, but I only had tournament archives to fetch content from (which in a way makes the gameplay more impressive because most of it takes place in high-level matches) so inevitably some of the same combos were repeated to gather enough footage to complete a video. Keep in mind that it is more of a showcase than a traditional combo vid; not one of these moments was actually planned out or made with the intention of being featured like this

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Hi, I made this video for Dugan. It was actually my first time editing something like this. I'm aware that many of the combos were similar, but I only had tournament archives to fetch content from (which in a way makes the gameplay more impressive because most of it takes place in high-level matches) so inevitably some of the same combos were repeated to gather enough footage to complete a video. Keep in mind that it is more of a showcase than a traditional combo vid; not one of these moments was actually planned out or made with the intention of being featured like this
Well, like I said, my advice would be to either just cut repeated stuff (combo videos don't need to be all that long, really), or group the similar combos together. If they're all together they make an impression as one piece, but if they're spread out the overall impression impression is of several different combos alongside multiple identical pieces.

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Well, like I said, my advice would be to either just cut repeated stuff (combo videos don't need to be all that long, really), or group the similar combos together. If they're all together they make an impression as one piece, but if they're spread out the overall impression impression is of several different combos alongside multiple identical pieces.
I actually did a fair share of grouping. The jab locks, UpBs, most of the UpSmashes, and funny moments were all arranged together. But yea still alot of miscellaneous combos that start the same way but end differently were separated

Top Bottom