• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A crippling weakness?

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
So I dunno how bad it actually is/could be (probably not as much as I'm anticipating) but I just thought I should point out something.

Characters like Marth, Jigglypuff, Mario, etc...They all still have options after being footstooled off-stage.

Yoshi?

He gets to take it and drop like a rock.

I'm just wondering how crippling this could truly be if footstooling is mastered and, if it turns out to be drastic, what changes could be made to counter it?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
That's sexy.
Yoshi needs that kind of thing against him, BECAUSE HE MAKES EVERYBODY ELSE SEEM LIKE THEY'RE CRIPPLED ALL DAY!!!

Yoshi too good.

In other news, he's pretty fast and can use aerials while rising, so even the worst that can be done, should be quite avoidable.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
In my month of playing in weekly tournies, I haven't seen one person footstool anyone so I don't see it as that big of an issue.

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
In my month of playing in weekly tournies, I haven't seen one person footstool anyone so I don't see it as that big of an issue.
While this is valid, you have to admit none of them were probably going out of their way in an attempt to. I'm saying that if people actually try to use it as a counter. It's at least worth looking into, I'd reckon.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Why are you getting footstooled? You should almost always be recovering high, it shouldn't even be possible. If they manage to consistently footstool you every time they force you to recover low, then kudos to them.

SSS

Smash Ace
Kirbies footstool (like me) because we have reliable setups into it. I feel like rising aerial is pretty hard to get past with a footstool. Of course, if you were inhaled-->off the ledge breakout-->footstool (Kirby's main setup for footstool), perhaps you wouldn't be so lucky. But with that setup, even without the footstool, Yoshi would be screwed. And Dair is usually a better option anyway (unless they don't break out until extremely low below the stage, at which point Yoshi would be dead). I don't know. I feel as if there aren't enough reliable footstool options to be worth worrying about footstool, and any impromptu (read: non-setup, just going for it) footstools would be difficult to get against Yoshi due to his aerial power mixed with his double jump. And there is so much happening in the game and so many other tactics that are probably much more effective (along with much easier and much more obvious) that can be used against Yoshi that using footstool as a counter or a pocket tactic just seems silly and unnecessary UNLESS YOU'RE FIGHTING ICE CLIMBERS BECAUSE SWEET JESUS YOU FOOTSTOOL ONE AND NOT THE OTHER AND NEITHER CAN RECOVER.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Use punctuation mang, didn't even bother reading your post.
Also you don't recover from Footstools, especially since P:M took out his egg toss bounces. Even less so because even if you do recover while being high up from the stage, you're using egg roll to get back and not lose too much air by falling down faster, so no footstooling while in egg form.

Top Bottom