• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A couple small questions ???

Driz

Smash Apprentice
First off I've been through most of the falco forums and didn't recall anything on these specific questions so if theres a thread I missed I apologize and if I could just get a link I would appreciate it, as for the questions

1. After being knocked off the edge I noticed alot of players shined and then JC to return does this provide better recovery/ less knockback or is it more of a habit then helpful??

2. Firebird v. Phantasm- obviously vertically firebird is the only thing ever used, but for horizontal I use phantasm, my question being does the firebird provide a greater distance then the phantasm or should you always use phantasm for the speed??

mathos

Smash Champion
Firebird goes farther the phantasm.

But an interesting note that the both the phantasm and firebird go farther in the air compared to using them on the ground.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
And as for question #1, shining in the air stops all your momentum. You don't go as far if you shine before your recovery. The difference it makes isn't huge, but when you're playing Falco, every bit of help with recovery is worth it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Also, if you are going for distance sideways, not safety, the firebird will go farther if you angle it correctly, that is, slightly up, less than 45 degrees, but not horizontal.

Top Bottom